JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suspicious Samsung Community email! PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR SAFETY!

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 12:04 AM)
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I got a Gmail from Samsung Community asking me to confirm my email address. I tried to find it here but I couldn't so I stupidly clicked on the link. But, I did get a screenshot though of who it was from and it wasn't from Samsung Community!

The message said:
We have received a request to verify your email address on Samsung Community. Click the link below to verify your email address: 

Thanks for being a Samsung Community member. 

Your Samsung Community Team

BUT, when I clicked on the link, it wasn't that all! It opened up to show "userbgB6sf5AKN." It says Astronaut below that and the icon above it is a chef with a hat on. He has 0 likes, 0 solutions, 0 followers, 0 following, 0 posts, 0 comments and No badges! AND, to make it even worse, as soon as I clicked on it, I thought the email disappeared when I clicked on it. But, in all honesty, either it did disappear or there is an older one from 2021 but to me that doesn't matter. The email said it was from Samsung Community and when I clicked on that, the email address said "no-reply@eu.community.samsung.com."

SHOULD I BE WORRIED???!!!! 
And NOW I notice that it says in the link "message tracking."and at the end it has "$destUrl." How stupid can I be! I don't usually do such stuff.

Help! Can somebody tell me if it can ONLY track that one email address if I have more than one? 
🫣🙄

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Looks like someone used your email to create an account on the EU community. You could go to the EU community and hit forgot password and have it sent to your email and change the password

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Looks like someone used your email to create an account on the EU community. You could go to the EU community and hit forgot password and have it sent to your email and change the password
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks! What is the EU community?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
It's the European community forums.
0 Likes
twinlesstwin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't know whether it's good or bad and I don't know what email address I would have used, but I am pretty sure I accidentally posted something there years ago and never knew how to get back in to close it down. I will try. Thanks!
0 Likes