Original topic:

ANNOYING Check Access settings notification

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 06:10 PM)
userJ2GUO8WWBL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I have an app (LED Me Know) that has control of my lock screen which is fine but Samsung shows me a notification reminding me of this every 3 **bleep**g days and it's infuriating. Samsung, please fix this. Stop showing me this.

6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
No doubt a security measure.
userJ2GUO8WWBL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I understand, but every 3 days is a bit much. Maybe, maybe at most at every update. I'm tired of this popping up
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, and it's the same if you use Biometrics for an unlock ... every few days you're forced to "swipe to unlock using password" ... all about security as annoying as it may seem.

Personally, I'd never use a 3rd party app that "controls" the lock screen - malicious actors could show up.
userJ2GUO8WWBL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Very true, but to the extent that they have control is just to show blinking "leds" on the top to simulate the led that was on older Samsung phones
0 Likes
the7aco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Having the same issue here. Just tried talking to 4 different Samsung support agents to get my problem solved, and finally on the last one I was told that this couldn't be fixed at all. One of them even tried telling me to factory reset my settings, which I was absolutely not comfortable doing. I already had the impression that you couldn't turn this off from when I looked into it myself, but this really solidified it. Getting this twice a week is incredibly frustrating and drives me insane. I know this app has that permission, I gave it to them!

cmoneydotcom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I get these notifications DAILY alerting to a dozen or so different apps.  This is extremely annoying...please provide a solution ASAP!

0 Likes