Original topic:

Galaxy S21 is unusable and nothing has helped?

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 06:36 PM)
ThaisAven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,  I have a galaxy s21, with 256 storage and 8 ram, snapdragon version, it has been freezing for a couple of days freezes out of nowhere and suddenly, so BECAUSE of that, today I decided to factory reset it, it but everything got worse, it wouldn't let me go past the screen language selection, it restarted in a loop many times until I found how to enter the android recovery with the volume keys and turn off button, I did the "wipe data recovery", the "wipe cache partition" and the "repair apps" this one i did 2 times and only then the phone works decently, but not completely well because the applications, various types of apps keep closing and stopping, it reboots ALL THE TIME, can't work with it.

does anyone know why this happens and is there a solution?

EDIT: Someone from Samsung changed the title of this post to make it look like the error happened because I did the factory reset and no, I did the factory reset because of the error, not the other way around.

18 Replies
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah your stuck in a boot loop. Did you try rooting your phone or flash another version of the operating system on it?
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
The reason I ask is that a mishap from a newbie trying to learn to root can cause this or a messed up Ota update can also.
0 Likes
ThaisAven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

UPDATE: an hour has passed since I used the odin program, as I mentioned previously at the beginning it was difficult to enter but once I managed to start the system, using the android recovery mode and doing app repair, it has worked without failures, so I have the conclusion That is a software problem, and not the device.

The solution, as I mentioned before, you have to be very careful and know what you are doing. I risked losing my device and took that risk. If you don't have technological instinct and you're not good at this type of thing, it's better not to do it. , I saw many tutorials in Spanish and English, I listened to every detail to reduce my risks and I was lucky that it worked for me, when I downloaded the new firmware I scanned it with the android avast antivirus and with the computer version to at least feel safe.

Please pay attention to everything and if you are not sure about something, watch all the tutorials that are necessary because not always in a single video they will give you the details you need, also learn how to enter recovery mode with the keys because that helped me when The cell phone stays in a loop when trying to start.

I will leave here the links that I used: 

This was my main guide, sorry for those who don't know Spanish, you can try translating the website:Como Usar ODIN :white_heavy_check_mark: Actualizar ANDROID (yoututosjeff.es)

In the previous link it suggests a version of Odin, but it is not the latest so I downloaded it here: Odin3_v3.14.1.zip (dropbox.com)

and download the system here, remember that it is not just any file, it is important to know which Samsung Device, CSC, Version and Bit/SW corresponds to you: Samsung Firmware Download - Lastest official firmware update (samfw.com) 

That's what specifically worked for me.

0 Likes
ThaisAven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

bad news, that did not solve the issue, after a couple of hours it keeps happening

ThaisAven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

hi, i just did it, and the issues are still happening, i haven't even go in the sistem to check if everyting is fine since it doesn't stop restarting

ThaisAven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I just did it, with Odin, I checked all the correct codes, the country code, the binary code, the installation was successful because the program said so and the cell phone turned on, but just like before, I have not been able to get past the screens mains, language, wifi and adding accounts because it restarts all the time, I don't go beyond there

Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok. From this you need to use Samsung Smart Switch to use the rescue tool for an emergency flash of the system. Obviously something is going wrong with the files from the Odin flash. There us an option in Smart Switch to emergency flash to restore the phone back to stock
0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Follow the direction within Smart Switch to the letter and you should be fine and have a phone that works
0 Likes
ThaisAven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

obviously not 😆 It has nothing to do with Odin 😆 what are you talking about? The error was happening to me long before flashing. and yes, before having to risk updating via odin, I tried to see if it could be done with smart switch, but there was no support for my device

0 Likes