Original topic:

Galaxy s21 uicc unlock sprint phone

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 10:01 AM)
moparrobcjd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

my sister purchased a galaxy s21 from sprint before the tmobile merger. she finished paying it off after the merger and upgraded to an iphone. After paying the phone off she gifted the phone to my mother who at the time was with tmobile so she simply popped in her sim card and the phone worked great. now she has made the switch to att and tmobile states the phone is unlocked yet the phone is uicc locked. we get a sim card not provisioned error with att sim card. what if anything can be done to get this phone uicc unlocked?

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you spoken with a T-Mobile engineer/advanced tech support about this? Only carriers can unlock phones. If it's showing up as unlocked on their end, and it's not, then that would be something for T-Mobile to investigate. I had a lot of trouble unlocking my S22U with them as well. It took 3 tries before they were able to unlock it.
0 Likes
nunyab695
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
T-mobile still has it locked into their system and they play dumb about this. As the other posted said speak to advanced support or someone from the porting department to get the device properly unlocked.

Happened to me on a paid iPhone 6S years ago and even after pay off it took multiple attempts till they got it right.
0 Likes
ThatGuyD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I haven't been able to get my Note 8 or S21+ unlocked through T-Mobile. Almost 10 hours of phone calls and still have locked phones. Samsung has been no help either. Neither one want any future business from me.

0 Likes
userA4ggmIufWo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you ever get this fixed. I have the same issue
0 Likes