Original topic:

How can I set my camera on my new S21+ to apply my inscription on my photos?

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 08:32 AM)
PacklerCat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Question:

How can I set the camera on my new S21+ to apply my inscription on my photos? I found a way to do this on my LG phone that I just traded in. I would like to continue to apply it to all my photos as I have run into a problem on Facebook with a "friend" who says she is stealing my photos. I have issues with it now that she's posting it as a comment for others to see. It sets a negative precident for others. I responded with 'stealing is not cool.'
0 Likes
13 Replies
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Open the camera app and hit the settings icon (should be a gear in the top left corner of the screen ) and scroll down to bottom and there should be a "Watermark" setting. If you turn this on you can add your name/ whatever inscription you want . Hope this works!
0 Likes
PacklerCat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll look again. Thanks!
0 Likes
PacklerCat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No such setting on this phone. I looked twice earlier and still see no watermark options. Hmmm....
0 Likes
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Weird, I'm sorry. I don't have the S21+ so it must not be the same... idk you could always just add text to the photo I guess, not a perfect solution though. Maybe try Google?
0 Likes
PacklerCat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for your suggestion. I wish to avoid using my Google space. It was far less trouble when the watermark feature was available to me. I'll experiment though.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@PacklerCat no way to do this automatically in the camera. But you can do it via editing the photo. 

1. First prepare your watermark and save it so it is available in the Gallery.
  2. Then edit the photo that you want to add the watermark to.
  3. Click the decal/sticker icon (looks like a square smiley with a turned corner)
  4. On the toolbar that appears along the bottom, you will see the Gallery icon at the end on the right. Click that.
  5. Choose your watermark.
  6. Now you can position and resize your watermark on the photo.
  7. Click Save and you will end up with a watermarked file. OR click 3 dot menu and Save copy to create a new watermarked photo.  
PacklerCat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you!
0 Likes
PacklerCat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
To prepare a watermark to be stored in the gallery and imported into a desired photo, will I have to save it as a png somehow? Not sure how to do this. It sounds like it would be prepared as an overlay and the background made transparent.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@PacklerCat What I did was just take the picture that has the desired watermark, delete everything in the photo which isn't the watermark. You can do this using auto select or manually selecting the area. When that photo with only the watermark gets saved, it is a png since there are areas which are blank/transparent. 

0 Likes