Original topic:

It appears I have 750+ unknown files on my phone?

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 05:25 PM)
SVLouisiana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I checked my apps today and discovered that I had 302 com.sec-apps, plus many more, totalling approximately 750+.

Weird things like com.sec.angrybirds, com.sec.theme, org.beautifulcherryblossom, etc.

Does anyone know where or how these could have been installed on my phone? 

7 Replies
fefe89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you have visited any apps like temu, shein, or other apps like that sometimes they can like hack ur phone or something like that and install those to your phone, a similar thing happened to me when I decided to buy something off of a website like wish
SVLouisiana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you. I did purchase a few things from Temu for my youngest daughter for Christmas. Keychains and stickers. I deleted everything last night except for 4 or 5 that couldn't be deleted, only disabled. I did research those ones and found that those few were legitimate. 2 Meta ones for my Meta Quest app, 2 Google ones, and ConfigA-spmething.
kfon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also if you have downloaded a third party app sometimes they can install other apps secretly as well that will never show up in your app drawer. It happened to me before trying to download a modded app. My suggestion is to factory reset your phone if you have a backup prior to these apps being installed and restore that backup. If not, if you can uninstall those apps then do that. Outside of that I don't know what else to say other than reset and start over again.
Options
Galaxy S21
The file names look like they might be components of themes. Have you installed any live wallpapers, icon packs, etc?
SVLouisiana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No wallpaper apps recently. I had Zedge from 3 years ago for ringtones, and aside from the AR emoji that came with my Samsung, I haven't downloaded anything else.
I deleted everything last night except for 4 or 5 that couldn't be deleted, only disabled. I did research those ones and found that those few were legitimate. 2 Meta ones for my Meta Quest app, 2 Google ones, and ConfigA-something.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm glad you were able to deal with it. I hope your phone is ok.
0 Likes
SVLouisiana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I hope so as well. Slight slow down when viewing pages with a ton of images and such, but that comes and goes, depending on my connection.

Thank you so much!