JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 5G calls going silent/cutting in and out

(Topic created: 03-11-2021 09:28 PM)
Lykke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I purchased an S21 5G through Samsung and got it shipped the day it came out. Ever since I got it I've been having issues during calls.  I'll be on a call with someone and then I'll stop hearing them or they'll stop hearing me and you hear them saying "hello???". 

My provider is Tmobile and they say there's no issue on their side and refused to do anything since I bought it through Samsung directly. I sent it to Samsung and they did a full inspection and said there's nothing wrong....

So far I've done:

downgraded from 5G to LTE and lower /installed new sim/reset networks/restarted in safe mode/ factory reset/ reset phone/ disconnected from wifi calling

What can I do? Any advice or anyone going through the same issues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

There are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

1.  Make sure all apps and the software is up-to-date, and restart the phone.

2. Turn off your device and remove the SIM card. Restart your phone without the SIM card inserted. Wait for two minutes, and turn off the terminal. Insert the SIM card, and check if the problem is gone. If possible, insert a SIM card from a different carrier and check if the issue persists. If it does, this could indicate your hardware is faulty. You may want to take your phone to an authorized repair center and have it repaired.

3. Use Wi-Fi calling. Go to Wi-Fi Settings, select Advanced, and then toggle on Wi-Fi Calling to enable this feature. Some phone models may sport this option under SIM card settings.

4. Test the phone in Safe Mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

If none of these methods worked, contact your carrier. It is always recommended to speak with your carrier regarding issues using their services, including making and receiving calls, sending and receiving text messages, and mobile data.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
what's the firmware version
Lykke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
just checked in settings and it's up to date
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
What if you test using, say, Google Voice ... same issue?
0 Likes
Lykke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've used whatsapp and no issues. It appears that only when talking on the phone.
userRBxItFDEz2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a some what similar issue. The caller can hear me but I can not hear them. It seems to only happen for me when calling another t-mobile customer (I also have t-mobile). I have not found a solution. Any luck on your side? I have disabled wi-fi calling so I'm going to test that out. Also I can place DUO video calls to this person just fine. So it might has something to do with the Wi-Fi calling feature (at least for my issue).

0 Likes
Lykke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm slowly going insane and because the phone is still "too new" it won't be accepted as a trade in for any other phone. I just want to get rid of it and I can't.
Plantguru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Been getting the same problem with mine over the last week. Calls either cut out mid call, I can't make calls or receive them. Rebooting the phone fixes the problem but it's temporary. Tmobile user also. I was about to have them replace the SIM but you said you did that and it didn't fix the problem so now I have no idea....

Hard to tell if this is a Samsung bug or a Tmobile network bug....
Lykke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm based out of Texas and they(Tmobile) said it could be caused by the recent storms we've had. Honestly I don't know what to do. I think I'm gonna have to go full Karen on them and speak to a manager. Also try to call during business hours or else you'll get an offshore call center, I think I got reps from India and they were not helpful at all. The "solution" I got was to restart my phone everything I had an issue....
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm in Texas (central south), and we actually suffered various outages during the storm (burst pipes, no power for days, zero road travel), but it had zero effect on cell usage, so it's odd T-Mobile would state that. (If course, we're on the AT&T infrastructure, so maybe that's the difference : )
0 Likes