JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra: Having issues connecting Watch 6

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 09:51 PM)
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My galaxy s21 ultra I've had for a few years it's been great until 4 days ago. All of a sudden I can't get it to recognize my galaxy watch 6. I've had no issues now  completely in sync with my new galaxy 6 watch now my watch is basically unable to do much of anything. In my watch it shows a phone with a line through it. If I want to add my Google account to watch it says check my connection on phone and try again. I can't load any watch faces from my phone and sync to load on my watch with facer. I have to monitor my heart with ecg and blood pressure. Was working give 4 days ago it now says phone is disconnected check blue tooth connection on phone and try again. I'm able to use blue tooth ear buds on my phone and my blue tooth is working for the buds on my phone. I'm so confused. I have already installed samsung health monitor on my phone and yes I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Help please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
szcsabaa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Well... You can do a factory reset, here is how: connect the watch to it's charger, then push both buttons for 'bout 30sec together (until the screen turns black) then release the upper (power) button and keep push the other, untin recovery menu appears. Then choose Wipe data /Factory reset. 

View solution in context

18 Replies
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't want to do a factory reset. I've not had chance to put my thousands of pics on a discount, thumb drive etc. I'm so scared of losing them many are of my US Marine son working on base and his flight home to Tampa from North Carolina so I could lay him to rest here. I can't get my phone to recognize my watch is just so strange. It just stopped when I put blue tooth on phone and it doesn't show my watch as recognizable. I'm so upset. If anyone can help I'd so appreciate it. Thank you
0 Likes
szcsabaa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, 

Did your watch get an update ? And which software version is on your phone ? Maybe you need to reset the watch and then reconnect to the phone. That means you'll loose all the datas from the watch, but you can use again. 

0 Likes
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried to reset it won't allow me to
0 Likes
Solution
szcsabaa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Well... You can do a factory reset, here is how: connect the watch to it's charger, then push both buttons for 'bout 30sec together (until the screen turns black) then release the upper (power) button and keep push the other, untin recovery menu appears. Then choose Wipe data /Factory reset. 

MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm so confused
0 Likes
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I actually
Held the buttons doand the screen went black.
Let me try it again.
0 Likes
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
C17E Galaxy Watch 6 I just pushed the English for the United States. What do I do have to do I do that? Do I have to push a button on the side of the watch? I sound so stupid
0 Likes
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so much for your help. You helped me out more than the sight I went in 4 days ago. Again thank you so much.
0 Likes
MaggieMae118
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so much. Happy to say because of your time and patience. I was able to fix my watch and get it to sync with my phone.