Original topic:

S21+ battery drains instantly taking it off the charger?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
nporter95
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Okay so I just got the galaxy s21+ yesterday and noticed that when I charge it I can take it off the charger and open an app, within 3 minutes it'll drop like 2%. Like right now, its been off maybe 15 minutes and it's already down to 92%... anyone have this issue? When I check it says the phone is learning my usage habits but for a brand new phone is worries me that it dies soo quickly. Is is a faulty phone or is this normal? #battery 

0 Likes
2 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
New phone with me battery needs several battery cycle to give you accurate reading.
Discharge continously to 10% (don't go below 10%) and then charge continuously to 100%
You can also check in device care for app battery usage
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Additionally the phone is using CPU cycles as it configures itself from new and this will cause what seems like excessive battery usage for the first day or 3.  It will also be syncing with any cloud services that you may have adding to battery consumption.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)