Original topic:

Samsung apps from Google Play and Galaxy Store

(Topic created: 02-20-2021 07:06 AM)
Logarithm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi!

I recently purchased my first Samsung phone 🙂 Galaxy S21+.
I tested various settings and applications for several days. Later I decided to do a factory reset.
After the reset, I noticed (I don't know - maybe it was like that before the reset) that some Samsung applications were downloaded from the Google Play store (AOD, Calculator, Voice Recorder, Clock, My Files), and some from the Galaxy Store. Updates to some of applications installed from the Google Play later appeared in the Galaxy Store. So now some apps are controlled by both Google Play and the Galaxy Store. Should it be so, or is it better to uninstall the application from Google Play and reinstall it from the Galaxy Store? Or maybe it's better to have apps controlled by both stores? And the store to which the update arrives first will install it sooner?

Best
Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Honestly I've never noticed who's store was better. I would concerned I have the app I want. But if I had to choose I would choose Google Play, their you can set to receive updates automatically, so one less thing to worry about. Enjoy your new phone, and welcome to the Samsung family

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Honestly I've never noticed who's store was better. I would concerned I have the app I want. But if I had to choose I would choose Google Play, their you can set to receive updates automatically, so one less thing to worry about. Enjoy your new phone, and welcome to the Samsung family
Logarithm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Many thanks for your opinion and for the welcome 🙂

Best
Matt

Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
🙂
0 Likes
OG1stAce
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have 2 Galaxy phones & a Tizen TV & have been a happy Samsung customer for 7 years now. I find that 4 outta 5 times the 2 apps are identical, but if ever there is a difference it'll be 1 of these"
- The Samsung 1 can be completely uninstalled but the Google 1 cannot
- The Samsung 1 has more bells & whistles
- The Google 1 is more portable
I hope this helps you.