Original topic:

Screen Auto Rotate Missing after Update 2024

(Topic created: 01-20-2024 07:31 PM)
Jyisaacson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

There was a question originally posted as Screen Auto Rotate Missing after Update posted in 2022.

I'm having the same issue now, however, quick settings has no portrait icon or label to reactivate the feature.

I went into the main app for settings and no matter where I look there is no auto rotate of any kind. The only thing I've been able to find is "rotate to landscape" which only allows a feature to manually rotate. It's a phone icon here in the bottom right corner that you let's you switch when you turn your phone.

I've tried restarting my phone and no dice. Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks. 

14 Replies
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you find it in your quick settings?  I am on a S21 with A14 and OUI 6.0.

Summest_0-1705808500379.jpeg

Summest
S24 and S21.
Options
Galaxy S21
No
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
You're right. I recently noticed my pictures wouldn't rotate when I turned my phone but never thought about checking on it. I just did and mine is gone too. S22U. I even did a search in settings and its not there. **bleep** guys. What else are you gonna take from us? No wonder you offered a promotion. You knew it wouldn't last long. šŸ˜”
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I figured it out. When you're on your home screen swipe down from the top and you'll see a button that says portrait and when you tap on the portrait button it will change to the rotate button and then your photos will auto rotate again. Not sure why they have to mess everything up. Good luck
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

What version of One UI?

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm on 6.0
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

So different from my S21 base on 6.0.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
sere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No portrait visible on my Samsung a54 Galaxy. I remember when I first set it up I moved my icons around in the top swipe down but it doesn't seem to be allowing me to do it to see if portrait icon is hidden somewhere. Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmm. Mine is s22u. I hope you find it. The are so many problems going on right now.