Original topic:

Screen Auto Rotate Missing after Update 2024

(Topic created: 01-20-2024 11:45 PM)
Jyisaacson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

There was a question originally posted as Screen Auto Rotate Missing after Update posted in 2022.

I'm having the same issue now, however, quick settings has no portrait icon or label to reactivate the feature.

I went into the main app for settings and no matter where I look there is no auto rotate of any kind. The only thing I've been able to find is "rotate to landscape" which only allows a feature to manually rotate. It's a phone icon here in the bottom right corner that you let's you switch when you turn your phone.

I've tried restarting my phone and no dice. Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks. 

15 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmm. Mine is s22u. I hope you find it. The are so many problems going on right now.
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what mine looked like.1705823471966.jpg1705823472007.jpg
Options
Galaxy S21
Why would mine have one and not yours? Not question it all all. I'm saying these updates are ruining our phones. They probably want us to buy a new one which mine is pretty new...s22U. They are pushing out updates that work differently on different phones AND different on the same phone models. SAMSUNG has blown it big time this time. They're gonna lose a bunch of valuable customers after this **bleep**. There, I bleeped it for them cause they would have anyways. They get $200 a month from me and this is not what I'm paying for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

That is odd, unless it is an Ultra thing.  Ultra has always been the "favorite child".

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Well I don't know, maybe so but that feature is not like a high-end button. This is my first Ultra and that button was available on my other phones.
ScaryOldGuy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you, THANK You! I have a Galaxy S21FE and have been experiencing the same issue... No Auto-Rotate. When I tried "swiping down," I found a "Lock" icon. Sure enough, when I tapped on it, I was able to restore the auto-rotate.
So... Thanks again and
Have a Great Day!