JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen time widget and Digital wellbeing are both showing zero after phone has been in use

(Topic created: 12-06-2022 08:11 PM)
ShakarB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

I own a s21 and recently I added a screentime widget and started checking my screen time. At first around a week ago I thought it showing 0 was normal because I had just added the widget; I've also checked the Digital wellbeing app and settings page but it still shows 0 screen time even though I have most definitely used my phone. This same problem also occurs in individual app timers. I have tried turning on all tracking settings yet still no luck. Any help, advice, or anything in settings I should double-check?

Thanks.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. As someone who very much keeps an eye on their screen time being used, I understand how important this feature can be and would be happy to look into this further for you.

I would recommend testing your device in safe mode to see if you still experience these symptoms. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

The next step I would recommend is wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key  and the Power key.
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

The final step would be to factory reset your device. If you need to wipe your phone's data for any reason, you can perform a factory reset. This feature will completely erase your personal information and data to make your phone a clean slate. Give this link a try for step to factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend making sure all your apps are up-to-date.

If the apps are all up to date and the next step would be a service repair. If you wish to set your device up for service, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. As someone who very much keeps an eye on their screen time being used, I understand how important this feature can be and would be happy to look into this further for you.

I would recommend testing your device in safe mode to see if you still experience these symptoms. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

The next step I would recommend is wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key  and the Power key.
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

The final step would be to factory reset your device. If you need to wipe your phone's data for any reason, you can perform a factory reset. This feature will completely erase your personal information and data to make your phone a clean slate. Give this link a try for step to factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend making sure all your apps are up-to-date.

If the apps are all up to date and the next step would be a service repair. If you wish to set your device up for service, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864.

0 Likes