Original topic:

Storage concerns on my the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created: a month ago)
DarthRidiculous
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I love my new Samsung Galaxy 21 ultra. The thing that I miss most on these new phones are the lack of an SD port so you can transfer straight to it instead of the internal memory. I have an OTG adapter to transfer my things on SD cards and flash drives. But still, the convenience of just having it built in was great. Please bring it back to use. That would be awesome. 

8 Replies
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Totally agree, I second that. Bring back the SD card option
farmrboy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It needs to be brought back. I'm leaning towards upgrading to the iPhone 13 pm from a s10 right now. If it was announced the s22 would have a msd slot, I would wait.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't miss it at all.  I bought the 512k Ultra which was the first time I bought a phone with that much capacity and I will always do that from now on, sd card or not.  Nothing like high speed storage.

I'm getting my wife an iPhone 13 next week for $0 with trade in of her iPhone 11 but I have no desire for an Apple product for myself.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I too got the 512k version because of the no SD card slot. So far it is working but i take an average of 80 to little over a 100 plus photos a day so sd memory was vital to my operation. I have made some adjustments so as to make the 512 work, for example instead of keeping the photos for a year now I it will be kept 60 days after customer takes possession of the item. If this becomes too time consuming then I will have to give in to a subscription base storage option to store the older images and keep the current images on the device..
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I use a personal cloud.  No matter where I am, every pic I take automatically and  immediately gets backed up either via mobile data or WiFi to the hard disk at my house and I've been doing that for about 5 years or so.  No muss  no fuss

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Nice, I am definitely going to look into that asap. Thanks for sharing, will it be OK if I reachout to you about it when I am ready to move forward?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Sure, I use a product called Monument and they just came out with Monument 2.  User either built in SSD or attached USB drives or both.

The original Monument was USB drives only and if I ever upgrade to the Monument 2 I'll buy the version without the SSD and continue to use USB drives.

Bill
---
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you, this will set me in the right direction 🙏 respect
0 Likes