JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 13 update;apps crashing

(Topic created: 11-11-2022 05:34 AM)
tdr1995
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I've noticed something odd once updating to the official Android 13 update (used beta before). This never happened during the beta.

But, apps are crashing with the system telling me the app has a bug and to clear the cache. Doing this doesn't help. Right now, Gmail won't open. Samsung Members opens, but crashes when opening a post or trying to create a post. Reddit crashes when switching accounts. This is what I've found so far. 

Yesterday while using Android Auto, the whole phone crashed and multiple things popped up saying it crashed, ie hit the restart button and it says "System Process has crashed"

Is this only me? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MaxField
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Try to Uninstall Android System WebView and see if it fixes the issue:

• Go to device Settings > Tap on Apps > Select All apps.
  • Look for Android System WebView (there should be a link from its settings page).
  • Select Uninstall and hit Enable.

Prevention Is Better Than Cure

View solution in context

10 Replies
tdr1995
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Just wanted to update that after a second restart (restarted before posting this), things are working again. I'm leaving this up as this update seems to be unstable at least for my phone.
Tel864
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
As much as it hurts, you'll probably need to do a complete reset especially since you were in the beta. I've seen others having to do a complete reset and more likely than not they used a backup to restore their apps during the update.
Options
Galaxy S22
Some apps aren't optimized for Android 13 as yet. It's not Samsungs fault, it's the app. Check and see if you updated all your apps
Solution
MaxField
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Try to Uninstall Android System WebView and see if it fixes the issue:

• Go to device Settings > Tap on Apps > Select All apps.
  • Look for Android System WebView (there should be a link from its settings page).
  • Select Uninstall and hit Enable.

tdr1995
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know how you knew to try this, but it worked, at least so far!! Thank you!
MaxField
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

You are Welcome!

I am glad that my solution worked for you.

Sandokhan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This did the trick, all started after latest update of WebView (I'm in the beta program)

SpruceItUpABit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Fun fact!
As much as i don't like this, having my secure folder installed before the update messed with web view, i had to take everything out and Uninstall the secure folder before web view was able to try to fix itself, i was able to just reinstall the secure folder afterward and still have everything work

0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Exact same thing happened to me. Turns out it was themes. Put the phone back to default theme. Went to recovery and cleared cache and rebuild apps. All apps working again. The apps that were FCing for me were Gmail, 24GO, Samsung Members, Amazon.