JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Aux cable triggering voice app drawer - how to stop this?

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 04:29 PM)
Members_zPUigGP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Recently, plugging an aux cable into my Galaxy S22 Ultra has started triggering a drawer to open containing voice assistant icons. This is a huge problem for me because it happens when I'm driving and I need to see the map, and I have take my eyes off the road to constantly tap to expand the map only for it to collapse again with this unwanted interaction. I've never set up either Google Voice or Bixby, and I've disabled smart gestures, but it has not fixed the issue. How do I stop this from happening? I've used this same cable for over a year and never had this happen before.

Screenshot_20231205_134322_Android System.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_zPUigGP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had to call tech support for the solve, but if you are having the same issue, go to Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Clear Cache and then Disable through the menu docked to the bottom of the Screen. To disable Google Voice select the Google app, tap your avatar, then Settings > Google Assistant and toggle it off. Make sure it's toggled off for all accounts you have on the phone. Then do a soft reset: press the down volume key and the power button until the screen turns off and let it restart. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Members_zPUigGP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had to call tech support for the solve, but if you are having the same issue, go to Settings > Apps > Bixby Voice > Clear Cache and then Disable through the menu docked to the bottom of the Screen. To disable Google Voice select the Google app, tap your avatar, then Settings > Google Assistant and toggle it off. Make sure it's toggled off for all accounts you have on the phone. Then do a soft reset: press the down volume key and the power button until the screen turns off and let it restart.