JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera app disappeared, not hidden, no longer in app drawer

(Topic created: 11-15-2023 05:25 PM)
Marnfreeman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi. The camera app that came with my Galaxy S22 disappeared from my home screen and when I swipe up to open the app drawer it's no longer there either BUT when I go into settings, apps it IS listed there and is NOT hidden. Where did it go and how do I get it back on my home screen if it's no longer showing in the app drawer? I tried to do it from the settings, apps screen but I don't see any way to do that from that app list. Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you happen to have the double tap power (side) button option enabled to quick launch the camera? You could also use Bixby or Google voice commands.

View solution in context

6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Try this. With the phone off, press and hold Power and Volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, then power to select and confirm on the following screen. On the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps. Check to see if the Camera app has returned.
Marnfreeman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for the response. I tried what you suggested but I'm still not seeing it in either place. Any other suggestions? 

Thank you! 

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm strange. Did this happen after a system update? My other idea is somewhat drastic. You should backup your home screens in Good Lock's Home Up module. Afterward, go to Settings>Apps>select the sort function to the right of "Your Apps">toggle on "Show system apps">One UI Home>Storage>Clear data. This will entirely reset all home screen(s) and app drawer data/settings.
Marnfreeman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hmm is right. Lol I don't think it bothers me enough for drastic measures. Lol I'm thinking the solution may be to just download another camera app of some kind and tell OCD me that it ain't happenin'. Deal with it. Lol I'd hate to lose ANYTHING attempting to fix such a minor issue. 

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you happen to have the double tap power (side) button option enabled to quick launch the camera? You could also use Bixby or Google voice commands.
Marnfreeman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I didn't have that option enabled. That's a great idea to use Bixby or Google voice commands. 

This is my first post here I believe so I'm not sure whether I mark your post as a solution or not. Would you mind letting me know? 

• Once again thank you so much for your help.