JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Do Not Disturb is back removing contacts without my permission after recent security update

(Topic created: 02-22-2024 06:53 PM)
Ashbrown99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I set DND to turn on daily for a certain time of the night, and I know Samsung finally implemented an option for us to add contacts; we're now able to see calls and messages from contacts, even with DND enabled. When I first started using the feature almost a year ago, I set those contacts and was able to see notifications. But then I noticed my contacts would get removed from my DND settings every other day without my permission, so I had to keep re adding them. 

After the problem arose, I think a software update was sent out shortly afterwards to get the issue resolved, and it was fixed. But now with this recent security update, DND is back to removing those contacts without my permission. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, how were you able to combat it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I certainly understand how frustrating it is when your contacts are being removed! 

I would suggest submitting an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports. 

Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
jinnra
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Definitely one of the first issues I've noticed when enabling DND. I really hope this issue gets resolved soon because DND is a feature I currently use. A work around would be too add certain contacts to favorites to receive notifications while in DND. It's so annoying
Ashbrown99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah it's annoying to have to keep readding the desired contacts. The ones i usually add are already in my favorites but it's still a problem.
Options
Galaxy S22
If you star some of your contacts as Favorites you can set DND to only allow those favorite contacts.

I've never tried the "Add contacts" feature in DND because Favorite Contacts Only works well enough for me. 1708696562425.jpg
0 Likes
Cianbrooke
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This is a good temporary fix, but I have family and key work contacts starred. I don't want calls from work contacts getting through in the evenings and at night. That was the beauty of the selective list.
Cianbrooke
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm continuing to have this problem. DND does not hold the contacts I add to allow.
userEguAkZQcmD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The issue still has not been resolved for me either
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I certainly understand how frustrating it is when your contacts are being removed! 

I would suggest submitting an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports. 

Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

0 Likes