JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra no option to select SIM for data and/or calls/messaging.

(Topic created: 09-02-2022 03:17 AM)
Members_exsBQvs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So i have the T-mobile version SM-S908U of the Galaxy S22 Ultra and noticed that it only has an option for primary SIM under SIM manager.  My S21 had an option to set the SIM for Calls, Messages, and Data individually.  Is this a carrier locked feature or does the unlocked S22 Ultra support this feature?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jman89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It's still there guys, you just have to look harder. Ok, so you go in to your contacts. Select some one to call/text. Then under their name and phone number it says which sim is active for that person SPECIFICALLY. Push that and you can easily chose which sim calls and text are sent through. So biggest threat is sitting there having to change them all one by one on the plane ride lol. and if you look in your call log there should even be a little icon.Screenshot_20220907_222546_2172_1662603946.jpgScreenshot_20220907_222732_2175_1662604052.jpgScreenshot_20220907-222557_Contacts.jpg

View solution in context

9 Replies
Jenjuse
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Curious about this too. Just hot the 22 ultra and noticed it only show SIM 1.
0 Likes
bkmelas
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
It could be both. Reach out first your carrier.
In case the lock is on Samsung you will have to wait until the next update/patch/release/etc. It will take a few months if they don't receive a lot of request about that feature.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Contact T-Mobile, since it's Locked to them

The major advantage of an Unlocked phone is a better feature list and configurability
0 Likes
Members_exsBQvs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It's not network locked to t-mobile, that part is unlocked.  I'm refering to SIM card manager.  When you have dual sims (eSIM and physical SIM) i only have the option to select "primary SIM".  on my S21 i had the option to select an individual SIM for "Calls", "Messaging" and "Data".  Not just a one or the other option.

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Please clarify ... you wrote, "I have the T-Mobile version SM-S908U ... "

That tells me you bought the phone from T-Mobile, which means it's Locked , i.e., with T-Mobile's software modifications

To me, "network locked" means one is on a committed data plan.

(our Unlocked s22s don't show this SIM restriction)
0 Likes
Members_exsBQvs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My phone is from T-Mobile, i paid for it and they unlocked it.  I have a digi.mobil SIM and t-mobile is on eSIM.  i have SIM Manager under settings>connections>.  Under "preferred SIM" drop down i can select digi.mobil or t-mobile.  On my S21 i was able to select, "CALLS" as t-mobile or digi.mobil, "Messages" as t-mobile or digi.mobil, and "DATA" as t-mobile or digi.mobile.  On my S22 i only have one option for preferred sim, a drop down where i can select t-mobile or digi.mobil.  no individual options for calls, messages or data.SIM2.jfifSIM1.png

Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
How long ago did you get that phone because the network should automatically unlock it after 60 days of purchase
0 Likes
Big_Nate
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a red 1tb s22 Ultra that is only available as an unlocked model. I too only have the option to select a primary sim instead of being able to set it to ask which sim to use each time I make a call, or send a text.
Solution
jman89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It's still there guys, you just have to look harder. Ok, so you go in to your contacts. Select some one to call/text. Then under their name and phone number it says which sim is active for that person SPECIFICALLY. Push that and you can easily chose which sim calls and text are sent through. So biggest threat is sitting there having to change them all one by one on the plane ride lol. and if you look in your call log there should even be a little icon.Screenshot_20220907_222546_2172_1662603946.jpgScreenshot_20220907_222732_2175_1662604052.jpgScreenshot_20220907-222557_Contacts.jpg