Original topic:

Group messages don't have preview

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 07:52 AM)
rebeccahcale
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey guys, my S22 ultra downloaded an update last week and now, when I open messages, there is no preview for group messages. It either says "No subject" or the name of the last person who responded but won't show any content. Any idea how to get this back to how it was?

20 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

This really depends on which app you use to get messages, there were two installed on your device out of the box, one was Google, the other was Samsung.

I use Samsung messages, for that go into Samsung Messages, then:
Click on the three vertical dots about midway down the screen next to the search magnifying glass.

Click Settings

Click Notification Settings

Ciick In-app notification settings (at the bottom, may need to scroll down to see it)

Enable the Preview New Messages option.

You may also need to check the options in Notifications, for the device itself, via:

Settings | Notifications | Lock Screen Notifications

Select Show Content

Enable Show Content when unlocked

Enable Show on Always On Display

These settings may have not been available with your previous update, and are set to the highest security when they first get installed.

0 Likes
rebeccahcale
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your thorough help. Unfortunately, these only affect the notifications. I'm not seeing previews within the actual message app. So, when you click on messages and you see a list of all your texts, you usually see the first line of the texts. However, since the update you don't see that on group messages, you only see "No Subject" or the last person to reply's name. All individual texts still show the preview. 

user1MCSz2h0iI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
+1 I'm experiencing the same thing.
0 Likes
user1MCSz2h0iI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having the same issue. Samsung Messages One UI 6.0 - S22 Ultra (Verizon). This issue is unrelated to the notification settings.
0 Likes
shcvvfiiksnshhs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here
0 Likes
user66JOEFdMu1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same problem on a Samsung s23 ultra. Happened after the new update and is very annoying. Any updates on the situation?

StephieP727
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue
0 Likes
user1MCSz2h0iI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Any update? Still having this issue after upgrading to One UI 6.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Also having same issue, annoying
0 Likes