Original topic:

How can I turn off the frequent notification to check for updates for Samsung internet?

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 10:09 AM)
WyrdGary
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Why does it need to check for updates everytime I open the browser? There aren't going to be updates that frequently and if there are, I'll see them in the store app when I check. How do I turn off this annoying feature?

5 Replies
Agalaxyuser
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same problem on my s24. Never had this issue with my old s10e. It's quite annoying and I don't think it's ever detected an update 😅. Surprised more people haven't reported this 

Screenshot_20240302_075516_Samsung account.jpg

Postalm3x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same problem, it's very annoying! I'm thinking of changing the browser.

Postalm3x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Support response:

Here are the steps that will stop Samsung Internet on popping up

Go to Settings > Apps > Samsung Internet > Storage > Clear Data.

Add the app on Deep sleeping apps by going to Settings > Device care > Battery > Background usage limits > Hit the "+" symbol > Find and Select Samsung Internet.

And lastly go to Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Opening Links > Find and Select Samsung Internet and Disable the Open supported links.

0 Likes
Annoyingsamsung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

All this does is block samsung internet from opening links. Not a solution imo. Samsung needs to fix the internet app

Audioslave
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It is broken as of the last update to their browser. Samsung apparently does not use their own devices and they are completely unaware of this issue. I estimate it is affecting almost everyone now.

Wonderful update Samsung!!!
0 Likes