Original topic:

How to stop screen turning off during a call?

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 09:09 AM)
BaconSammitch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This may have been brought up before, but I'll ask. Is there ANY way to stop my Samsung S22 Ultra screen from going blank during a call? I would like my screen to remain on while using the phone. During phone calls sometimes you are asked to press buttons such as "Press 1 for English". Only to see your phone is blank and you have to press a button to get the screen on, then press keypad, then press the correct response. Only to be late in doing do, thus making it more difficult to use properly. Any ideas would be appreciated.

10 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

As I understand it, there is no way to prevent the screen from going dark. It's to save your battery.  If you need to use the keypad in the beginning stages of a call, it's easy enough to a) either keep your finger on the screen to prevent that from happening or b) (for me, anyway), a simple tap on the screen will turn it back on.  I have seen some people complain that they have to enter their pin, but the screen should just go off, not lock.  Of course, I do always have extend lock on when it's connected to my watch, which is almost always, so I haven't tested the pin entry theory for sure.  So, your best bet would be just to keep you finger on the screen til you no longer need to use the keypad.  I do agree, though, that they need to make the timeout for that longer - say maybe 5 minutes after a call is dialed.

JustJeffAK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have tried everything, and even keeping my f finger on the screen it will go to sleep. I have it set to 10 mins under other circumstances, but that dang phone app, 2 mins no matter what I do, other than constantly touch the screen as soon as I see it dim. TOTAL PAIN IN THE#@$ is what it is. I am not trying to save battery at that time, I'm trying to tend to the call that I am on. Now if I turn the screen off and hold it to my face, it will come on randomly and start hitting buttons, even though I have it set not to! 🤬 

Hugh Perry
rikazkhan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<title>Samsung S22 Ultra Screen Timeout Solution</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Samsung S22 Ultra Screen Timeout Solution</h1>
<p>Yes, there is a way to stop your Samsung S22 Ultra screen from going blank during a call. You can adjust the display settings to prevent the screen from timing out during calls. Simply follow these steps:</p>
<ol>
<li>Open the Settings app on your Samsung S22 Ultra.</li>
<li>Scroll down and tap on "Display".</li>
<li>Tap on "Screen timeout".</li>
<li>Select a longer duration from the list or choose the "Keep screen turned on" option.</li>
</ol>
<p>This will ensure that your screen remains active during calls, allowing you to easily navigate prompts such as "Press 1 for English" without interruptions.</p>
</body>
</html>

0 Likes
JustJeffAK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Sadly, that will Not work when it comes to the phone app. If has a mind of it's own, and always has!

Hugh Perry
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Open your settings go to display and select screen timeout.
Keep screen on while viewing
You can also select:
Keep the screen on while you're
looking at it, using the front camera to
detect your face1712780069061_1712780069049_0.png
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I haven't had the opportunity to test this yet, but here's a Routine I made to lengthen the screen timeout during phone calls. If you decide to use this, please let me know if it works. 1712794855651.jpg
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Well, I can confirm this routine does not work for outgoing calls.  Haven't had an incoming one yet. Outgoing calls are the ones where one most likely will need to have the screen on to punch the numbers.

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I think I may have gotten it working by using a Mode instead of a Routine. Use all three of these triggers to make sure the screen stays up.

The screen still wants to close, but it does seem to take a little longer than it did without the Mode. (Hoping that's not just wishful thinking on my part)1712870009007.jpg1712870084370.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Just changed the routine and made a call where I would have to go through the automated routine. Seems to have worked, although I only stayed on long enough to surpass the time period when it usually goes dark. i think that may work.

So, making the routine for when the app is opened should work. Not going to bother configuring a mode, unless this does not eork all the time. Might chage it slso to stay on instead of timing out at 5 mins.
0 Likes