JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multi Control Shows connected but devices do not respond to keyboard and mouse

(Topic created: 07-16-2023 10:32 PM)
janaknm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Multi Control shows devices connected but does not show them in drag box.

I have s22 ultra and s8 tab. Both of them show connected with multi control but keyboard and mouse are not able to control the devices.

Earlier consultant took remote support and tried to update Samsung continuity service but the same issue persists. I restarted the PC as well on his advise but I am unable to now reconnect with him. So I am again raising this issue.

janaknm_0-1689571944984.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, 

Were you able to resolve this? If not could you submit an error report from your phone or tablet for our engineers to look into this further? 

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Detail 

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

Please make sure to include the type of keyboard/mouse being used, and the type of OS of your computer. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, 

Were you able to resolve this? If not could you submit an error report from your phone or tablet for our engineers to look into this further? 

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Detail 

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

Please make sure to include the type of keyboard/mouse being used, and the type of OS of your computer. 

Marclee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have exactly the same problem. S6 Lite connected to Note 20 but mouse will not transition over to the phone. That transparent border when you set it up initially shows up on both the phone and tablet. 

0 Likes
user0bgUJ3Qgik
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I've also just started experiencing this problem. It was working just the other day. But now, in trying to connect my S6 Lite, or my S22 Ultra, it will not connect. My galaxy book sees them, and tries to connect, but just continues to try over and over again. All devices have been updated to the newest versions, and are all connected on the same WiFI network. Bluetooth is turned on, on all devices, but there does seem to be connection issues sometimes between the PC and tablet. I have restarted all devices several times as well. I don't know what is going on. My last resort is to try to use my phone as a mobile hotspot, and see if it's just the wifi connection I'm on. If that's the case, that's pretty terrible, considering the WiFi I'm on now is 5GHz, and all my devices are set to that. I don't want to use my hotspot, because I shouldn't have to. 

Yep...they all seem to be working on my mobile hotspot, but not the WiFi where I'm staying for the next month or two. Kind of crazy.

0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

just out of curiosity will it let you click and drag the S22 that's connected into the monitor section? 

To confirm, you done the following steps below?

Open the Settings app on your phone and search for 'Connected devices.'

Select the first result, scroll down to 'Multi Control,' and turn on the toggle.

Make sure that you have the same Samsung Account, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connection on your phone and laptop. (The Samsung account has to be the same for all devices or it will not work.)

Connect your phone to the laptop.

Drag items between devices.

0 Likes