Original topic:

Mute/unmute button on group chat

(Topic created: 10-14-2023 01:49 PM)
userC5hOMtsPJl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I just installed a new update and now my phone is not notifying me of any new group messages. I tried to go to the massages app to unmute a group message. I noticed that when k pressed the toggle button (3 buttons settings) that the option to mute and unmute was no longer there. I am only able to pin them. I checked my individual messages and they still have the mute and unmute button with the pin button. I still want this option on my group chats. How do I get it back? 

5 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are the creator of the group, I would try deleting it, then recreating it.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Also, make sure the group is toggled to 'Group conversation'.
0 Likes
LoRiiL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
You don't have to delete anything....I had the same issue and all you have to do it go to messages and hold the chat you want and it should pop up at the bottom with the :bell: notifications and just click it and your sound should be back o for group chats....Samsungs new way to mute and unmute! Let me know if this helps!!
WPI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you, omg!!!!
0 Likes
jojack0214
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I want to send individual message. The whole chat group sees it. When i go to her contact to send a message it sends me to the last group chat.
0 Likes