Original topic:

Night mode causing lag

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 01:27 PM)
jb1994
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Help? 

I have a galaxy s22 phone and it´s allways been working well. Recently after updating to one ui 6.0 i noticed a few bugs here and there. A cache partition wipe took care of most of it but one thing that keeps happening is lag involving my home screen widgets. Sometimes after unlocking my phone my widgets take a second to load. After paying attention a few times i realized that it occurs after the phone changes between light and dark mode (i´ve set it to be automatic on specific times).

Is there something i can do to fix this or should i just wait for some new updates?

3 Replies
babygirlzooz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks
0 Likes
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It's not surprising that completely switching the interface theme would add a bit of slowdown. I guess the question is, how do you WANT to fix it? Meaning, do you want to turn off the automatic theme switching? Or do you just want it to switch without lagging? If you do turn off the theme switching, you could also activate Display > Eye comfort shield, which will subtly adjust your screen to be "warmer" at night. (If you're already using both that's probably overkill, and adding lag.)
0 Likes
jb1994
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Well i would say for a flagship phone it is very unexpected to face lag on a simple night/day mode switch. I would like it to switch without lagging. I did have eye confort shield also activating but one hour after the night mode kicked in so it isn´t the reason for the lag happening. It only lags after i unlock my phone after the night mode switch. It feels like it waited for the screen to be unlocked to kick the night/day mode in. Can´t it do it in the background while the screen is off?

0 Likes