Original topic:

One UI 6.1 and AI Press Release 2-22-24

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 11:30 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

In a Press release today it was announced that the Galaxy S23 series, S23 FE, Z Fold5, Z Flip5 and Tab S9 series, will start to see the 6.1 and AI features starting to roll out from end of March.  You can read all about it in the release at the link below 

https://www.samsungmobilepress.com/press-releases/new-update-brings-galaxy-ai-to-more-galaxy-devices

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
19 Replies
kennymedina
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I know the S22 ultra isn't getting the AI features on the update. The reason I'm still wondering about that is because, the S22 ultra has some AI features out of the box like the camera 100Ɨ zoom has an AI feature. So does anyone know why the S22 series won't be getting the AI features? Thanks.
z5lar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
The absence of AI features in the update for the S22 Ultra could be due to various reasons, such as hardware limitations, software optimization, or strategic decisions by Samsung. While some AI features, like the camera zoom, may be present out of the box, other AI functionalities may require more extensive integration or processing power that might not be feasible to implement through an update. Unfortunately, without official statements from Samsung, it's challenging to pinpoint the exact reason.
0 Likes
kennymedina
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks it's just crazy for a 2 year old phone and it's almost obsolete already with a lot of features
NicoNi4Lyfe
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
My guess is that Sammy is trying to get ppl to upgrade their phones......so purposely holding it back from S22 series šŸ˜©
0 Likes
Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
iOS 18 will have AI for all iPhone users, I applaud Apple for cashing out on the AI hype.
0 Likes
Mikeso3691
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung is about to get left in the dust. The AI hype is incredible and Apple is cashing out with their brand new iOS 18 which is the largest software update in history. It gives everyone with a iPhone new and exciting features that will be using AI as the core of the phone. Everyone gets AI but, not just any AI, complete AI and it will be coming to built-in apps as well. But the2 year old S22 series gets no AI other than what Google shares with us. What gives? Samsung should be updating every phone with AI capabilities imo. 
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
It's good that Samsung is again setting the stage for others to follow. As an iPhone user, it's becoming boring pitting one against the other.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
1. Apples AI is based on Gemini

2. The chance of full AI going to a 5 year old iPhone is highly unlikely

3. iOS 18 is the next major OS update while oneui 6.1 is only a small update

4. android 15 will most likely integrate way more AI as that's the hot phrase now

5. Qualcomm controls the chips and AI wasn't the focus on previous 8 gen chips
0 Likes
Sanmil65
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I thought AI wasn't too predictable or dependable,
for lack of better words). That's it, I just didn't think it was such a big hype. I suppose it's software so we have no choice, we have to take what they guve use. I have z Samsung S23+ and do not like it at all. I want the iPhone back. They just keep competing and even if you get a new phone and then competitio starts within k

0 Likes
Sanmil65
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm sorry, hit post, but was trying to say if you do buy a new phone, technology keeps changing I suppose. I think we should have the option of changing software or keeping what we've got...lol...
0 Likes