Original topic:

S22 ultra constantly searching for signal

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
JayParker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I recently had dropped my phone (per usual) with no damages and had an update maybe a week ago. Somehow my phone has decided it can't find signal anymore and I can only use wifi.

So far I have:

- wiped the sim cache
- toggled airplane mode on and off
- tried manually adding my mobile network (doesn't work)
- reset my network settings 
- factory reset my phone
- tried my sim in another phone (works)
- tested the sim in this phone and it'll read the number and network but somehow that's it 

I'm all out of ideas and wasn't trying to upgrade til the s25 dropped. Any help?
13 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

So, you didn't have any outward, cosmetic damage, but you obviously had some internal damage.  Can you still make calls?  If the sim works in another device, the damage is in your phone.  I was going to suggest that maybe the sim was unseated until I re-read that it worked in another device.  Maybe the sim tray got damaged.

If you were thinking of upgrading, now might be the time to do that.  The thing that makes a phone a phone, is damaged.  I don't think it's something you can fix on your own.

JayParker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah it's definitely internal I'm pretty sure it's the antenna. I'm not sure how but I can still text and call over wifi which proves the sim and simtray is fine S24 it is I suppose!
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You can text and call over wifi, because you already had done that whole the sim was working and wifi calling remembers that.
0 Likes
JayParker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah but I factory reset so that should've wiped the cache on that
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
But you still have the sim inserted? That info would ne contained on the sim. Even though the phone cant f8ond a dignal. Sim remembers
JayParker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Ahhh gotcha
0 Likes
bengalsunshine
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine has been doing it ever-increasing I did the last update. I can't use it it is driving me nuts. Spectrum and I figured out it has only been doing it since I updates with Samsung latest software. I am almost ready to throw out my phone but I cost too much
JayParker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Man that sucks, I suspected the update could've did it but my phone was fine up until I dropped it and then it started doing it. I went driving around and saw that it would pick up signal from time to time but at this point I gave up and placed my trade in order.
0 Likes
userdJHiL95uX2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I am having same issues since the last update. Samsung don't want to admit it's an update issue. Check out the s22 ultra reddit page people saying same thing. Also here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/S22-ULTRA-NO-SIGNAL-AFTER-UPDATE/td-p/2868942?src=Sha...

What is your current update version?
Mine is :

UI version: 6.0
Android version: 14
Version: S908USQS4DXD3/ S908UOYN4DXD3/
/S908USQS4DXD3