Original topic:

S22 ultra glitches and freezes after new updates

(Topic created: 03-23-2024 12:24 PM)
yesosama
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi all

I am using Samsung phones since s2 and first note, so please don't tell me to clear cache or reset the settings or factory reset the phones stuff, i did already all of that and stay the same, the new updates not working good with the s22 ultra, the phone was working great, everything works smoothly, 
The camera was fast to open or switch from photo to video fast, now it took some time,
If you open more than one app like stock app with other news app sometimes its froze, when you open some apps it took time to load and show four dots....
So please if you care about your customers fix this issue ASAP or find a way to downgrade to previous version. 
Thinking seriously to switch to apple phone.
9 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Lots of S22 users have the same issue. It looks like the update is truncating the phone and yes those steps won't do anything once the update is embedded. You could wait for a new update or ask for a replacement through insurance. I'd go the 2nd route since those phones are not being produced anymore.
Members_tAyUacv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My phone is now doing the same and goes into a continuous reboot loop. Insurance is useless if I have to pay another $200 for them to replace it. Samsung should be held responsible for this issue. I paid $1400 for a phone that is practically brand new physically. Always in a fully enclosed case, still has factory stickers on it. And shuts down almost immediately after unlocking the screen. I'm on factory reset #5. 

Members_KEtwku6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue...update killed my year old S22 Ultra and Samsung could care less.  They sent me a remanufactured phone that has given me nothing but problems.  And I am on the phone with Claims and they are saying they will send me ANOTHER REMANUFACTURED phone.  This is BS!!!!

Josphe72
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried wiping the cache partition from recovery?
0 Likes
yesosama
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes.
0 Likes
Siguardlaxy8
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Are these unlocked version or carrier.
I bought mine from Samsung. Com but tmobile version.. never had a problem.
My last phone was samsung unlocked always have issues after update
0 Likes
Members_KEtwku6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Unlocked Version for me.  Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
Siguardlaxy8
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Yup! That's the problem
0 Likes
Freddyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
unlocked as well, my cellular connection went to **bleep** after the recent updates
0 Likes