Original topic:

S22 won't connect to Android Auto

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 11:13 AM)
jp794
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Anyone else having issues with connecting their phone to their Android Auto app. My Galaxy 22+ keeps saying USB connection is unstable and the phone constantly gives notification tones and never connects. This has happened the past couple updates. Anyone have any suggestions

5 Replies
MattS93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Ever since the most recent update for the Samsung S22, I have been entirely unable to use Android Auto. It has been working fine for years in my vehicle with no issues, and it completely died out of the blue. Looking around, it sounds like this has been an issue for over a month, and neither Samsung or Google has bothered to address it. It's at the point now where I even needed to use DuckDuckGo instead of Google to be able to find anyone else having this issue. Before tech support suggests it, I have gone through over $100 worth of USB cords to try finding one that works, and none of them do. The Projection button on my head unit will not force a connection to my phone, and the AA app will not allow me to connect with a cable either. I've spent the last 2 weeks looking for any sort of workaround other than the copy-paste "change cords, check your connections, restart the phone/app" and there seems to be no viable solution. Also, before tech support asks, I will post all the needed info below. Anybody out there with a viable solution keep bringing it up here or in another forum. Maybe we can annoy them into fixing this?
  • Error message: none, vehicle will not start AA and vehicle cannot be detected from phone
  • Car / head unit make & model: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500
  • Phone model: S22
  • Type of connection (wire or wireless): Wired
  • Android OS version: 14
  • Android Auto app version: 11.1.640234
  • Google Play services version: (Settings > Apps (or Apps & notifications > App info) > Google Play services): 24.05.15
jp794
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Wow. I didn't have that many issues and I ended up getting my issue resolved. I had to go to settings>general management>reset>reset network settings. The only pain with that was I had to go reset all my notification settings and display a bit but it did work
0 Likes
userOqN0JStn9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Not for me, did not work
0 Likes
userOqN0JStn9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have done everything as well. S24 user here. AA worked and now nothing.

I can use AA wireless Bluetooth through a third party dongle plugged into the USB port in the console.

Wireless or hard wired through my Lexus a no go.

Now what's interesting I plugged my S24 hard wired into my friends Chevy 2024 and AA launched.

So maybe certain models of cars are okay other not so much. My Lexus a 2021 model.

I have updated the Lexus software and still not working.

Reset networks and, have factory reset my S24 twice one from a back up and one from a clean new fresh start.

Nothing works so, at this point I've pretty much given up and, will use the wireless dongle Bluetooth for now.

I wish I had another android phone to test on my Lexus to see what happens.

0 Likes
Voicematch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
S22 Google Assistant works OK if you select the icon. But Hey Google is dead. It looks like Voice Match has gotten deleted. On Hey Goodle page, there is no way to train or retrain voice match. Can't seem to find it and reinstall it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
0 Likes