Original topic:

SECURE FOLDER QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED CORRECTLY!!!

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 09:05 AM)
Redhotrussian1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

WHY WHY WHY are there still questions about the secure folder with either no answer or marked with a solution and can no longer comment to say "THE SOLUTION DOESN'T WORK!!!!"

I have an obnoxious amount of apps in secure folder that:
1. I never added
2. I don't want there
3. Can't be deleted
4. ARE PISSING ME OFF

In one post marked as solved, the solution someone posted said "just add it to the secure folder home screen, long press and delete". Guess what???!!! It's NOT a uniform, works for all solution. 

Below are 3 screenshots showing that Android Auto is in secure folder (WHY?????). Can't add it secure folder home with other apps. Can't add it by " Adding Apps" because that only takes apps that aren't in secure folder. 

I had success adding Chrome to the screen. I DON'T WANT CHROME IN SECURE FOLDER. Can I delete it just like the " solution " says??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! 

I'm trying to save space and declutter the secure folder, because at first it only had the apps I wanted. Now I even have the **bleep** parental app in there and I'm a grown adult with no kids and no kids are touching my S22 Ultra!!!! 

So please give me a break and provide a solution that truly works, not a semi fix or " it only works for certain apps" solution. Those are useless to me and also wasting my precious time. 

I don't see how this isn't a reasonable request that can be answered in a simple, step by step answer that guarantees results. Not asking to fly a plane with my phone. It's a product of the phone that should have a procedure for all/any situation. 

2 Replies
GregCapps
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Depending on which app you are referring to, those are system apps. They can't be deleted, or Uninstalled. So those options are normal
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Chrome and Android auto cannot be Uninstalled because Google loves bloat. Hjtting disable should clear it. Secure folder is misleadingly named, it is not a "folder" so much as it is a second virtualized phone within your phone, which is why there are so many duplicates.