Original topic:

Service not working after System Update 31

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Members_6rbC60o
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung installed a system update 31 on my S22 Ultra on 4/12/24.  Since that time, I've had connectivity problems, data problems, unable to make phone calls and texts.  The phone was working perfectly until this system update.  My provider is Verizon.  I went to Verizon, even replaced the SIM card.  The problem seems to be getting worse.  I tried calling Samsung, they're having problems with their audio on the 800# and the message told me to send them a text message.  The technician is telling me I have to upgrade my phone.  Is anyone else having this problem?

6 Replies
userXySiwpH9o2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yooooo...so the same EXACT thing happened to me just a couple of weeks ago...I just finished getting all my stuff swapped to the new phone they sent me because of this situation!.. if you call customer support for troubleshooting in-game will be that your sim card is not reading even though your sim card is perfectly fine and they will mail you a new phone and then you will have to mail them that phone that's defective ultimately I guess I'm not dissatisfied because they took care of the problem but I'm sure there's others that aren't so lucky
Members_6rbC60o
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I tried calling into Samsung yesterday.  The greeting said Samsung was having audio problems and it said to chat with the 800#.  I think I was dealing with AI.  Anyway, they said my phone was out of warranty and wanted me to pay to upgrade or send it in for service.  I'll try to call again and get a human.  Thank you so much for the info!

0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
If its a software issue could flash the phone up with latest Samsung firmware for your phone and see if this fixes it.

Cheers
3Fees
Members_6rbC60o
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Did you have this problem?  I'm up to date with everything.  Samsung wants me to pay to have it serviced or pay to upgrade the phone.  The phone worked perfectly prior to the Samsung System Update 31.  

0 Likes
D36
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Flashing the device has a 15% chance of fixing the issue I believe is what I read. Not worth paying for in my opinion. I too am trying to find a remedy, will update if I do.
0 Likes
D36
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue as thousands of other customers, myself included. I was told by samsung to reach out to a samsung authorized dealer an have a tech make sure it wasn't me that made the problem, an that we would "proceed" after that.
0 Likes