JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group messaging - received individually and not downloading

(Topic created: 01-02-2020 08:33 AM)
C-G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since this last update....My group messages are coming in as separate messages. When someone text in a group message, I have to go to that persons message, download it and go back into the group message where it shows up. Then if several people respond, I have to continually do the same thing for each message and once I get back to the group to read the messages, they are all out of order. I like puzzles but not like this. Please fix.... ( This is one of many problems)...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device since the recent update?

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

You also can try force stopping and clear cache on the messaging app.

Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on Messages > force stop > storage > clear cache.

If the messages continue to not download, you will need to reach out to your service provider for additional assistance, as they are responsible for this service.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Logicalpoop2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Simple fix, go to messages app > 3 dots on right side > settings > chat settings > enable Send Read, set multimedia limit to auto all files > optional but I use it, enable share typing > create your nickname for chats > go back out of chat settings > More Settings > on here make sure the push messages is on and set to Always > go to the multimedia messages tab > enable all of what's in the screen and set Restrictions to free.

0 Likes
C-G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yep, those are the same settings I already have set. The problem started with the recent update.

Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device since the recent update?

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

You also can try force stopping and clear cache on the messaging app.

Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on Messages > force stop > storage > clear cache.

If the messages continue to not download, you will need to reach out to your service provider for additional assistance, as they are responsible for this service.

Logicalpoop2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My settings were reset for some reason. If all hope is lost, just do a backup to google and your samsung account, perform a Factory reset.

0 Likes
C-G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Force stopping and clearing cache worked!! Thank you!!

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Awesome! You're very welcome! feel free to reach out to us anytime if you need any further assistance.

0 Likes
user3X7LlALf47
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

looks like that worked for me too

0 Likes