Original topic:

The Samsung calendar shows Easter on the days Sunday and Monday?

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 12:16 PM)
bvity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the s22 ultra. The Samsung calender has Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. This is confusing and annoying. I can't even delete Easter Monday because I don't have the option. What is the meaning of this? And don't tell me to find a computer and log on google! How do I fix it on my phone at my leisure ?!?!?

9 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
If you don't mind me asking: Why does it bother you so much?
Moonbase1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Really. Monday is the second part of Easter.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, some celebrate Eadter Monday. Should it be left out because you don't?
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

Only way to remove it is too remove Christian Holidays from displaying on your calendar

Open your calendar and select the 3 Lines in the top left and scroll down and uncheck Christian Holidays 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm using the Samsung calendar and it doesn't have any holidays included. I assume you're referring to using the Samsung Calendar app and whatever online calendar you're using to sync with the app. Outlook has Easter as a holiday, but not Easter Monday. Google Calendar does show both Easter Sunday and Monday. Simply unselect "Holidays" from the menu option in the calendar app and you'll be good to go. You can also unselect that option from Google Calendar on the web.

userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
On your phone, open Google Calendar app >> tap hamburger icon (upper left) >> scroll down and you should be able to uncheck 'Holidays'

Or, in Google Calendar app, tap on the 'Easter Sunday' or Easter Monday' >> 'Update holidays settings' >> you can change your 'National holidays' settings (or uncheck it completely)
Moonbase1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
If anyone cares.
Easter Monday is the second day of Easter and a public holiday in some countries. In Western Christianity it marks the second day of the Octave of Easter; in Eastern Christianity it marks the second day of Bright Week.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I can't believe the poster was upset about seeing Easter Monday on their calendar. For me it means free parkin, don't have to move the car!
Options
Galaxy S22
If you have a Google account, the Samsung calendar app will import holidays from the Google calendar settings.

You need to follow the instructions posted by userZNnTdcqwZP in order to fix it.

Samsung's calendar app does not include any holidays on its own that I am aware of.