Original topic:

To change the notification sound , first turn on notifications for this conversation

(Topic created: a month ago)
GHy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This behaviour started yesterday. Messages notifications for my wife are not coming through.

From the three dots on the conversation page the notification sound shows but when I tap it I get the message ""to change the notification sound , first turn on notifications for this conversation"

From the three dots on the Messages page choosing Settings->Notifications->Notification categories  I have a list of 6 contacts under the title Conversations, they all belong to my Tabbed Conversation category Family. 5 of them show the normal range of options when I tap on them, but my wife's record only shows the message "Notifications from this category are blocked". (This is the same settings page as that accessed from the main Settings page.

I have no idea where else to look to unlock the conversation

I have a customised ringtone for calls from her number and that works fine

S22 Ultra One UI 6.0 Android 14, last software update 26/04/24, last security update 01/04/2024

7 Replies
Hydrobud
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you on Google messages beta?
0 Likes
Hydrobud
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
My wife is having the same issue and some other issues with Google messages. Sometimes no notifications come through other times just mine don't come through. We also tried texting her number from both of our Google Voice numbers and only hers worked my messages were never received
0 Likes
GHy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No, using Samsung Messages linked to tablet S6 Lite and Classsic Watch 4

0 Likes
Hydrobud
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I found a fix just clear messages data in settings
0 Likes
Hydrobud
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
The other solution I found is to delete that conversation and it should fix it as well
0 Likes
GHy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks, I have tried both of those and still have the problem

0 Likes
Hydrobud
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Darn, There is a very similar issue going on with Google messages and that is the fix for that not sure about Samsung messages
0 Likes