Original topic:

Voice to text

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
stormnut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My voice to text needs serious help period It was fine until about 2 weeks ago and it's gotten really awful to the point, right? Don't even want to use it. If some of that makes no sense. It's because it doesn't and I had nothing to do with it period Help! Oh, there. It just randomly typed! OK, let's try period no, that didn't change 
We're getting a different voice to text app. Help cause this one is awful.
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Join the club buddy, my voice to text was absolutely dialed in for the last 5 years I want to say, about two or three months ago, it just completely either lost all 5 years worth of learned information or something on the server and happened and just cannot make sense of the learned patterns anymore. It has been an absolute nightmare for the last few months for me I've contacted the company directly I've given them so many bug reports and I've even recorded what I was saying with my S23 Ultra on my S24 Ultra so that they could physically see what they're recognition was coming up with compared to what I was saying. Almost every sentence didn't make sense to the point where it looked like I didn't speak English. In the last few weeks though, it has improved greatly for me personally. It's nowhere near where it used to be but I just voice texted this reply and it's at least usable now. I would delete all of your learned data and clear all the app data completely from Google Play services which is what Google uses to actually learn from your personalized speech and improve the accuracy. That's what I did and then two or three months later of reteaching everything, it's now usable again. Such a sad and annoying as well as time consuming thing to deal with but there's no other way to get your voice texting to make sense again without doing it.
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I use the Google Assistant voice commands (Voice Match) for everything hands-free, from placing calls to composing and sending texts using the "Hey Google" activation phrase with good results.
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
This works for you.
Options
Galaxy S22
You can change from Samsung Voice Input to Google Voice Typing to improve accuracy.

Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Voice input and change to your preferred Voice input method. 1713352912505.jpg1713352912533.jpg1713352912562.jpg
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Just wished they, would fix the voice input,... so that it doesn't take up entire Keyboard, like the Google Keyboard where the microphone is at the corner of the keyboard and we can click it. It's activated, but you still have access to the keyboard itself.
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Wish they would move the microphone icon to somewhere easily Accessible. not in the lower left-hand corner. Very Cumbersome to use.
userImizherPxv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yo, you have to probably cash out ("clear cache") your phone. Because keep in mind that voice to text, r Text-to-speech are OnDevice activity. So it's not sending anything out to a cloud service to be translated. I usually just do a phone refresh. You should look up how to do a fresh cash on your phone. That will definitely help.