Original topic:

Weird charging and color changes

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
crbostwick94
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

So earlier when I charged my phone it was fine but getting ready for bed I noticed the screen didnt go completely black, it was kinds faded and I noticed it like... Faded in and out. I couldnt just swipe to unlock my phone either I have to hit the button now first. I also noticed that when I open apps sometimes it has like this faded yellowish hue like it has a filter but then goes right back to normal. It only just started doing this. I really wanna make it stop, its messing with my eyes, but not sure of the cause. I thought it was the advanced intelligence thing but I dont have that option under advanced settings. I only thought that because I noticed I get AI pop ups now when searching stuff. My phone is fully up to date. 

3 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah Google started rolling out its new Generative AI overview feature in the recent update which is the pop up you're seeing when searching. If you tap on the Google Labs icon (the chemistry beaker in the upper left corner of the Google app) and scroll down to the feedback option you can send them a message to opt out of this feature. As far as the screen issues it might be a software glitch. You can restart your phone to see if that will take care of the issue. If that doesn't work the next step I would recommend would be to do a partition cache clear which is good at clearing out software bugs. I do it after every operating system and security update. Here are the steps:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s22-5g/wipe-cache/
crbostwick94
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My phone actually did end up updating again and after a restart the weird color thing did go away. However, this update is straight awful. The features seem interesting but the assistant telling me to circle things on my screen got stuck and wouldnt go away and I couldnt do anything anymore so I had to restart my phone to get rid of it. 

I used to be able to easily swipe to go back, home, or see background apps but the swipe option of the navigation bar is just awful to use now so I put it back to buttons which I also dobt particularly like. 

0 Likes
crbostwick94
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I mentioned this in my previous post but it is still persisting after restarts and I managed to get a decent screen record of it. My phone screen keeps changing colors, like it has some kind of filter on it but goes back to normal and just keeps going back and forth. Its really hard to explain. The link with the screen recording shows it better. As I am scrolling down the page it has a colored tint and I click a Reddit link and when I go back, the screen is normal as it should be but then back on the browser it back to the colored tint. It goes in and out often and on every app, page, etc. My phone is completely up to date and it started doing it before the last update. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UNNEEbq8BJ6r3oMn9 

0 Likes