JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge lighting glitter effect.

(Topic created: 03-29-2024 09:26 AM)
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Did Samsung change this effect? Ever since getting UI 6.0 the glitter effect is very dim and no longer moves around the screen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Ok, after some experimenting, I found out why. In developer options I had turned off animation to get a faster screen response. Apparently the 6.0 changed something that effects edge lighting.  It's been on since I bought the phone and edge lighting was fine until 6.0.  Resetting Developer options fixed it. Maybe this will help others.

View solution in context

6 Replies
JRMartinez
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
What are your settings for edge lighting for glitter it's pretty bright on mine1711730519211.jpg1711730519230.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
It's fine since resetting Developer options.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23

You didn't get UI 6.1 yet ???

Its working fine on my S23U with 6.1

And it was working fine too  with UI 6.0.

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

I just got it late last night. I was hoping it would have fixed my issues but hasn't. In the setup screen like above, the edge lighting is bright. However, during a notification it is very dim and is not animated," it used to run around the screen and was bright."

Solution
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Ok, after some experimenting, I found out why. In developer options I had turned off animation to get a faster screen response. Apparently the 6.0 changed something that effects edge lighting.  It's been on since I bought the phone and edge lighting was fine until 6.0.  Resetting Developer options fixed it. Maybe this will help others.