Original topic:

Experiencing problems with my S23 Ultra after the last few updates

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 06:05 AM)
Kimber06
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Ok I have only owned Samsungs. My last one was the S22 ultra. It worked great then all of a sudden they did software updates and it started acting up. I did all there trouble shooting but I think with how may things they did to the phone made it worst. So I had to get a new one. I got the S23 ultra. Something worked great but after the last 2 updates. It's not working correctly. It's the glitches when your typing anything or scrolling emails. I've done everything they told me to try. I lost all my keyboard settings they had me reset it. Then I removed the fonts I purchased because that is what helped someone else, got samsungs help and that was to reset everything. Called tmobile 3 times this last time I got wait til next year because there's a new note coming out and in March Samsung is coming out with an update. Also I got rid of all new games I installed because they said third party games could cause the problems. Now if you have to keep taking away things the phone can do which is fun and entertaining. What good is the phone? Oh and when the phone is connected to the internet I can't receive phone calls. Should I wait or Should I try the iphone? I'm nervous because I've never owned a different brand of phone. Any suggestions. 

15 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the S23 Ultra, and it's excellent! I did buy the S24 Ultra; however, I returned it today because it wasn't much of an upgrade.
Did you buy your new S23 Ultra? Within the past year? If so, you should still have the year warranty.
Your phone shouldn't be running like that.
I have noticed, though, that this may be what you are experiencing.
You said something about when you're texting.
I've noticed that in the past few weeks, when I'm texting, sometimes within the texting box, the words are jumping, not sure that's the correct description lol.
Kimber06
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes that's exactly what it does. I got it when it first came out. I wasn't going to get the S24 ultra because the guy said that there will be a new update in March and im truly not sure about the iPhone still waiting til the update.
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I've found that it doesn't do it all the time. Like right now, as I'm typing this, it's okay.
I will have to take notice when it does it. Maybe it's our messaging app if I find it only does it during texting.
Too funny as I was fixing my misspelled words. It jumped, lol.
I do know that having 3rd party apps does make your phone do crazy things.
That's why I minimally add anything other than from The Galaxy Store, and when I do notice problems, I will delete and go without.
If I were you, I would, unfortunately, factory restore and start from scratch.
Yes, it would be a significant pain in the butt. However, I wouldn't want to use any other phone than Samsung.
I love customization on my phone.
Everything I can customize, I do!
I had an iPhone 5 way back in the day.
Even if I got one free, I still wouldn't switch.
You have to decide what's important to you for functions on your phone. But I would do a lot of research and make sure everything that you're trying to get out of the Samsung phones that you will be able to get out of the iPhone or a different brand before you spend money to switch and find yourself in the same predicament would not get the functions you want.

Also, being on the internet should not interfere with phone calls coming in; in fact, S23 Ultra has wifi calling that helps in locations that don't have good service, which is what I have it on for.
I would call again both your service provider and Samsung and go over all your settings again.
Good luck!
Kimber06
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes it's truly once in a while. My kids all have iphones and say they've never had issues but I've only used Samsung and my last phone the S22 ultra was amazing until I had one issue and they said it was a Sims card issue and did an internal Sims but then they couldn't remove im not sure what they truly did but by the time they did to many reset, remove the phone has hardware issues. So they told me that the S23 ultra was an amazing phone. I was so tired of the trouble shooting. I started fresh that was a pain in the butt but It worked. I'm like you I love doing all the personalizing to my phone. But they did a reboot I deleted all games that I downloaded and fonts because I was told that could be the issue. Then we rebooted the phone. Worked great but seriously just the last few month's the issued started. Right now no glitch what so ever. Only while texting. Then they reset my keyboard. They wanted me to try the gboard but it still didn't work. So the final thing was the agent said there aware of the issue and in china and a few other countries they did an update that fixed alot of different issues and the US was getting it in the middle of March. So I'm just waiting. I was just curious if anyone else was having issues. But with the new update they had that create your own keyboard with some cool things you could do in the Samsung store. I tried it. I think that made it worse so I deleted it all. I wished when they create those cool features it would work on the phones. But im back to a basic phone for now. Thanks for your input it helps.
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome; I love all the Good Lock features. My son and grandson both love their iPhones. I tell them I will never go to the dark side, hahaha. My other son and daughter-in-law have Samsung, switching from iPhones, and wouldn't return to iPhones either.
It's funny that Samsung users and iPhone users are die-hards when it comes to their phones.
That's great to know that an update may be coming to fix the issue.
I'm excited about the 6.1 update and all the AI features coming at the end of March.
I had the S24 Ultra for a couple of days, but comparing it to the S23 Ultra, there is a very slim upgrade. I did love the flat screen like we used to have with the old notes, but it wasn't enough for me to keep it, especially knowing that my trading was worth $750, then I was paying $467 out-of-pocket. I'll stick with the S23 Ultra and save the money until next year for the S25 Ultra. It was nice chatting with you, hope everything works out with your phone. Take care!
Kimber06
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for understanding my issue. But I'm not going to an iphone. I don't do change well. I'm hoping the update fixes everything. I'm too waiting for next year. That's what the gentleman at Tmobile suggested. I'm glad you explained the S24 now I'm truly glad I didn't trade it. I made a mistake with the S22 note. That was my favorite. I just liked the new features and more space I was getting with the S23 ultra. Plus they did so much trouble shooting on the phone that the software never worked correctly again. A glitch isn't worth setting up everything again. Thank you again. Some people are not very nice when you are just asking a question
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
You're very welcome!
I agree it is unfortunate that people need to be cruel and make other people feel less than when they just ask a question. That's what this format is for to ask questions!
Take care! Hopefully, the 6.1 update will improve the user experience!
EvilMadness
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I don't know about you pal but my s23 Ultra runs great. You probably loaded yours down or had a program on their that's making it not work as well your talking about how you have all these different keyboards loaded on yours 🤔🙄. Sounds like a you problem and not a Samsung problem. I'm just telling you I've had mine unlocked directly from Samsung on T-Mobile and Verizon within the last 6 months on two different carriers no problems... I think it's just your bro. No offense 🤷‍:male_sign:.

0 Likes
Kimber06
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I only have the Samsung keyboard and they wanted be to try the gboard but I didn't like it. But I took off all game apps that I loaded and they suggest the fonts that they got rid of was the issue so I got rid of them too. I've never had an issue until now
0 Likes