JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Extended Lock not working

(Topic created: 03-22-2024 03:57 PM)
jbqld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I only got my S23 4 days ago and already none of the methods for extending unlock - Home Location, Pick-up, and On-body detection, are working.

They all worked for precisely one day and ever since I've had to go back to using my pattern to unlock (or face or fingerprint, which doesn't always work either)

I tried using a fix I found in the forums - reset Wireless and Bluetooth Settings, but that didn't work.

I had the exact same problem with my S21 that I traded in for this one, so it's obviously not specific to my phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
(I'm sorry but I accidentally deleted my post that you replied to.)

"Trusted places" and "On body detection" are the settings for Google's "Extend Unlock". I don't like those and have all of them turned off.

To use the Samsung locations, open Samsung's Contacts app and open your profile. Near the bottom of your profile page is a section for Places. You can add a wifi network to help your phone recognize when it's in the right location.

If you use one of these places as a trigger for a Mode or Routine, you can set a radius of up to 1.2 miles around that location. This way you can make sure your whole house counts as the same location.1711450867820.jpg1711450867845.jpg1711453213780.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Try to wipe partition cache. Maybe it solves your issue. Too lazy to type the steps. Google helps šŸ˜‚
0 Likes
userbbyY0V4cTR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Me too. It was working fine, and now it's not working and not on the "Lock screen" menu.

"Too lazy" reply not helpful. Neither is Google. Please help. 

0 Likes
jbqld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My phone is not even a week old, and I'm still getting things back to the way I like them, so I'm not going to try it, but here are the instructions if you want to:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Discussions/Clear-System-Cache/td-p/2631453

0 Likes
jbqld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Update to my earlier reply to Astronaut
Reading this šŸ‘‡ I think it's probably safe to try it, but I'll wait & see if I get any other replies before trying.

What does it mean to wipe the cache partition?
This is the partition where Android stores frequently accessed data and app components. Wiping the cache does not affect personal data. It simply gets rid of the existing cached data there, which is automatically rebuilt as you continue using the device.
0 Likes
jbqld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for your response, but I am using the Samsung settings, I didn't even know Google had them.

These are the ones I'm using ... 

TrustedPlaces.jpg

TrustedPlaces.jpg

OnBodyDetection.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
(I'm sorry but I accidentally deleted my post that you replied to.)

"Trusted places" and "On body detection" are the settings for Google's "Extend Unlock". I don't like those and have all of them turned off.

To use the Samsung locations, open Samsung's Contacts app and open your profile. Near the bottom of your profile page is a section for Places. You can add a wifi network to help your phone recognize when it's in the right location.

If you use one of these places as a trigger for a Mode or Routine, you can set a radius of up to 1.2 miles around that location. This way you can make sure your whole house counts as the same location.1711450867820.jpg1711450867845.jpg1711453213780.jpg
0 Likes
jbqld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for showing me how to do that Popsicle20, I've set up the Location part, but I can't figure out where those other settings in your third screenshot are found?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry for the confusion. The third screenshot is the Routine that I made to replace Google's "Trusted Places" on my phone. It's triggered by my home location. It's just an example of what you can do if you want to.

If you choose to make a Routine like that one, you might decide to have it do different things than mine.

Modes and Routines should be in Settings (I've rearranged the order of my list using Good Lock, so your categories might be in a different order than mine.) There is also an icon in your app drawer for Modes and Routines if you'd rather use that.1711496083890.jpg1711496083910.jpg
0 Likes
jbqld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Ah, found it šŸ‘

Thanks so much for all your help with this, šŸ¤ž it solves the issue.