JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message categories disappearing

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 12:31 PM)
Members_cwuYwW2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi all, I am pretty sure this is an ID10T issue, but here we go.

I have the Messages app Version 15.0.20.5 set as the default messenger service with all permissions granted.

I have enabled Conversation Categories and have created several categories

I have repeatedly added conversations to categories, and some folks get multiple categories.

The categories seem to work for a few hours, but by the next day all of the messages are back in the inbox, and when I open the message thread and press the dots the category is blank and I have to re-add it to the category.

It doesn't make any sense and it is driving me crazy. Does every individual text in a chat thread have to be categorized? If so, what is the purpose of putting them in categories?

If this message tool won't do that, can anyone recommend a message tool that will allow me to categorize conversations by contact?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting your categories to not be disappearing. 

The first thing I would suggest is to clear the cache of your messages app by opening Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

You can also clear the cache of the device itself by following these steps,

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

If neither of those are working next, you can submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting your categories to not be disappearing. 

The first thing I would suggest is to clear the cache of your messages app by opening Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

You can also clear the cache of the device itself by following these steps,

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

If neither of those are working next, you can submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes