JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Plus wont charge or turn on

(Topic created: 04-12-2024 07:28 PM)
userG2Jqebd7m9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Plugged in my S23+ this afternoon when battery was at 20%. Checked back an hour later, phone was completely dead. I thought there was something wrong with the charger (Samsung OEM super fast charger). Tried several other chargers no luck. Tried several options to restart it (power+volume up, power+volume down). Tried charging wirelessly with the SmartThings Station, no luck. Went to Verizon, they tried wired and wireless charging, no luck. I've had the phone for less than 3 months, so fortunately, they were able to order a replacement phone.

I installed One UI 6.1 when it came out a few weeks ago. This morning, I downloaded the latest security patch, it was scheduled to install overnight later tonight.

Anyone else experience bricked S23s?

I don't want a new phone and have to reinstall everything....and worse, find out I cant recover a bunch of stuff.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userG2Jqebd7m9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Equally weird....24 hours after the phone refused to charge or to power on.....it suddenly decided it was good to charge and power back on.

I went to Batteries+ where they used a regular charger/cable but with a sensor that displayed the voltage and current at the cable. Almost like that tricked the dead phone/battery because after that the phone was fine charging with any of the cables and chargers that wouldn't work for 24 hours.

Not sure if my phone has a defect and wouldn't be surprised if it this repeats in the future.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, many here have gotten their S phones bricked
Solution
userG2Jqebd7m9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Equally weird....24 hours after the phone refused to charge or to power on.....it suddenly decided it was good to charge and power back on.

I went to Batteries+ where they used a regular charger/cable but with a sensor that displayed the voltage and current at the cable. Almost like that tricked the dead phone/battery because after that the phone was fine charging with any of the cables and chargers that wouldn't work for 24 hours.

Not sure if my phone has a defect and wouldn't be surprised if it this repeats in the future.
0 Likes
icebicess
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Mines been loosing power fast and I have it for nearly 2 years now but lately it's loosing its change fast
0 Likes
Twisten
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yours still doing it? Noticed the same thing since 6.1, but on my s23u. I regret updating, cause now my phones unreliable.
0 Likes