JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-04-2023 09:09 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the z fold 4 with Verizon. No issues at all on my end. There is no contract with Verizon all you would be doing is paying off the phone during the 2 years. If you purchase unlocked through Samsung it will work just the same way only now you can use the device on any network. I have the 22 ultra unlocked works the same way if it was locked to a carrier. From what I see you will have better trade in value with your carrier this year than samsung offers
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
You might have carrier exclusive apps having issues
I have an unlocked s22 plus and when I took it to Verizon I couldn't use the spam calling app
So carrier exclusive apps might be the only problem
Also you might not get the UWB 5G speeds
0 Likes
OldSoldier
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
No my previous Note 10 was unlocked and on Verizon service.
Mainexplorer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

How about phone updates???

0 Likes
OldSoldier
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I got the updates in a timely fashion.
0 Likes
user16Ev9j3yzR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Year after year Samsung has given high trade in value for the previous years phone. This year, $750 for the fold and $500 for the S22 Ultra?! Then $720 for the iphone!!! Are you stupid?!

It's bad enough you charge $350 for the case keyboard for the Tab S8 Ultra. Absolutely ridiculous!

Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Apple always gets more with samsung. My 11 pro max a couple years ago I got like 700 for
Options
Galaxy S23
The 21 Ultra got a $1,000 trade in last year straight from Samsung.
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Apple gets more because their market share in the US is still around 50%. Samsung loves its users and wants them to get a better deal whenever they can, but if you look at the big picture, they REALLY NEED more iPhone users switching over to Samsung. There are not too many people buying their first smartphone anymore (in the US for sure), mostly children when they're old enough to have one, and it's not enough. And if their parents have iPhones, they will of course get an iPhone too. So virtually the only way any phone manufacturers can grow anymore is by converting users from other brands, and higher trade-in value is meant to help with that.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡