JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: a month ago)
jasmineberg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The microphone button is now in the bottom left corner if it's not show open your settings and go to general management and select keyboard list and default and toggle on keyboard button on Navigation bar1711992368327.jpg1711992368356.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

147 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23
The microphone button is now in the bottom left corner if it's not show open your settings and go to general management and select keyboard list and default and toggle on keyboard button on Navigation bar1711992368327.jpg1711992368356.jpg

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

jasmineberg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for this.  All my settings are as you said but the microphone is still not showing.  Instead there is a mini keyboard which takes me to keyboard input when I select it. 😞 I just want the old OS back. 

BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23

Press and hold the keyboard icon for the option to change it to voice input.

Screenshot_20240401_135259_WhatsApp.jpg

jasmineberg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

thank you. perfect!

jasmineberg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I called in an used smart tutor which gave them access to my phone.  They were able to get the microphone back by resetting everything, so it now shows like your photo above.  However we cannot get rid of the AI unfortunately.  

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

You can go into the Advanced features - Advanced intelligence and you can click on each and toggle them off 

Northrup19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
How do i get my Voice typing back once i did the update it is no longer there
KellyMoth
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It's in the bottom left corner of your screen, next to the back button.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23
Settings
General management
Keyboard list and default
Toggle on keyboard button on Navigation bar
Microphone will now be in the bottom Left corner