Original topic:

Smart Switch from S22 Ultra to S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 01:29 PM)
userWdwQlmk1XN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi- I am looking to activate my S23 Ultra and want to transfer everything from my S22 Ultra to the S23 Ultra. This means the actual layout of the Home pages- I have made folders for all my banking, food, health, etc. and want them to transfer to the S23 as they are.

Will Smart Switch do this?

I believe I have to log into my Google account after the Smart Switch to transfer my contacts and pictures and messages- is that correct?

Thanks for any help.

Much appreciated.

Steve Rose

19 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes Smart switch will transfer everything that you select to transfer to your new device 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userWdwQlmk1XN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks. So, can I activate Smart Switch without having to login to Google first?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello Steve, Welcome to the Community. We understand how important it is to be able to transfer all your content to your new phone.

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions for using Smart Switch to transfer your information: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/switch-to-galaxy/android/#prepare_Android_List

Let us know if this helps.

userWdwQlmk1XN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks. This is helpful but I'm still confused about how to start the new S23 and not login to Google at the beginning. Is there way to start the new never used S23 to get to Smart Switch first?
Thanks
0 Likes
userWdwQlmk1XN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi- in reading your instructions, it says insert SIM car, then do the transfer. Do i need to do that or can i do Smart Switch without inserting the SIM card first? I want to keep the S22 Ultra as my primary phone until i am sure i have the S23 Ultra set up correctly.

????

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

I just tested it with my old s22u and didnt need a sim to receive data 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
SmartSwitch will keep your home screen and its folders absolutely intact. It will transfer 99-100% of your apps and settings. I found it missed some of my apps, but I reinstalled them without issue.
0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello,

For me, when switching from S23 Ultra to S24 Ultra, everything was transferred correctly, but some homescreen widgets didn't. I just manually placed them again it didn't take more than 5 minutes to correct.
0 Likes
userWdwQlmk1XN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Quick question - I've charged the S23 without turning it on - but hadn't removed the paper covering the screen-does it charge to 100% vs 85%?
0 Likes