Original topic:

Defective S24 Ultra - problem getting replacement

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 11:29 AM)
userRFSD3P1G5u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I purchased the new S24 Ultra from Samsung.com as soon as it was available; within the first week, I realized that there were serious problems with the USB connectivity: it would not stay connected to Android Auto; it would sometimes give error message when connecting to charger and would need to be plugged in again; would not stay connected to computer via USB: sometimes wouldn't be recognized at all or would initially pop up as a device attached to PC but would disappear; couldn't get it to connect to DeX at all. On the 9th day after receiving the phone (well within the return window!) I spent many, many hours on the phone and text chats with multiple people at Samsung support;  they asked me if I used official Samsung cables, etc.; I had in fact done that and even tried different cables;    they instructed me to take to an authorized Samsung service dealer; did that; the repair place was not even able to run the official Samsung diagnostic tools due to inability to maintain USB connection; they even swapped out the USB port to no avail; they advised that it was most likely a motherboard defect and that I would need to talk to Samsung again to get a replacement.  Got a receipt and their notes. Talked to Samsung again; several more calls/chats to Samsung. Eventually, a person there said the only way to do a replacement is to buy a new one (at a cost well above what I had already paid for the first phone) and ensured me that he would follow the order to make sure that I would be given instructions/form or whatever to return the defective unit. He said that upon receiving the defective unit back from me he would process a refund for my initial cost AND a refund for the price difference, essentially refunding the full price of the replacement phone. But, when the new phone arrived it only had a form to return my trade-in of my S22 which had I had already returned when I received my first S24 Ultra. I have since spent 2 days of phone calls with Samsung support trying to get them to send me the appropriate materials to return the defective phone as well as to process the refund for the replacement phone. They cannot create a return form for the defective one because it is "outside the 30 day return window"; of course, I reported my problems within 9 days of receipt; the excess of 30 days is due to the time they took to get the new phone to me. Meanwhile, they have my money for 2 S24 Ultra phones, with one of them more costly than the first. They can't or won't process a refund until they receive the defective phone but they are not giving me any means to do so or to track the refund. Each time they would transfer me to a different person on all these days of phone calls, I had to tell my entire story again from the top! Apparently, they don't really log issues that we report. At this point I am left with a defective phone, a replacement phone that I haven't been able to test yet because they sent it when I was away even though they said they would let me know before shipping. Oh, and Samsung is still notifying me that I need to return my trade-in S22. So many problems! The only other solution they offered was to send the defective one for repairs under warranty which is an  unsatisfactory solution for several reasons, not least of which is how do I get a refund

6 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
My recommendation is to send your original phone in for warranty repair. It's so new that you're likely going to get a brand-new replacement. Keep your new 2nd phone as long as possible before the return policy has run its course. Then, send it back before that happens. This way, you have a phone while you're waiting for your original phone to get fixed. This is the only way you're going to get this resolved to your liking and not lose out on any discounts that you received prior.
0 Likes
samsungSucks22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Beta cuck reply. It's a known issue samsung has ignored for two generations. They have added the stupid, buggy usb software protection to make sure they font repeat the exploding note battery fiasco. Bonus plus, when repairs ate made retarded to handle, and nobody goes through because they're retarded, they can claim nothing is happening.

This is what class action suits are for. My usb port is also **bleep**. Samsung also refuses to replace their 1500 paperweight.
0 Likes
userRFSD3P1G5u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you for the recommendation; I do appreciate what you are saying. However, I do not much time, if any,  left before the return window for the 2nd phone expires; they assured me that they would notify me before shipping it as I had specified that I would be out of town for two weeks and wanted to make sure that I would be home to receive it, but  they shipped the new phone 2 weeks earlier than estimated. So by the time I had it in my hands I had very few days left in the return window and spent some of that time on support calls. My other concern is that if I send the defective one for warranty repairs they will decide to repair it rather than send a replacement; I cannot accept that. Nor can I be sure that they will actually process the return of phone 2 for a full refund even if I could get it back to them within the 15 day window.

0 Likes
rider4life
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This doesn't sound right. Samsung's customer service is terrible. Every time I contact them for something, I always have to repeat myself to several different reps, and often, they can not answer my questions or solve my problem. Same thing in the app when I send them an error report. They always send me a message back weeks later saying something like, "we do not have enough information, please submit your report again" and I know I sent them detailed information (sometimes with pictures) the first time.

They are very bad at solving problems. What they should have done was send you a new phone with a return label to send back the phone that's not working properly, not tell you you had to buy a new phone at full price and then wait for your refund after they received the phone not working properly. This sounds like a manufacturer's defect, and the burden should be on Samsung to replace your phone without any hassle.

I'm sorry this is your experience. I hope everything works out for you.
samsungSucks22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
They sent me to ubreakifix with a tab, way back when. They claimed they would handle warranty repair. The location they sent me to didn't handle tablets.

Good to see nothing has changed. I wish I didn't hate apple so much, they don't pull this **bleep**.
HailGoBlue
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Many corporate bigwigs monitor social media when they have large amounts of downtime on business trips. You need to go "scorched earth" on Samsung accounts (especially customer service or tech support) that are on Whatsapp, Facebook, X , Reddit.... By doing so, your problems have a much better chance of being seen by someone who gives a **bleep** and will fix it for you. Compose the issues with the phone(s) and interaction with Samsung support. You must keep it brief so you don't lose whomever's attention. Copy and paste your written experience to any and all Samsung social media site accounts you can. Do it quickly.