Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra SM-S928U1 (Unlocking Carrier Code Not Working)

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
erosado-pr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I am having hard time getting this to work, my carrier gives me a "Code" that didn't work and now they're just refusing to help since I moved off them. I am a Firstnet and T Mobile user now and really need this to workout so I can consolidate both numbers at the same phone so my life is less complicated. Any help? 
6 Replies
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi there, I am assuming you had AT&T as a prior carrier as Firstnet is only available on the AT&T network
Perhaps that is part of your issue as T- Mobile does not have Firstnet on their network, thus the issue with the code.
erosado-pr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
So yes, and no. My prior carrier was Liberty and they were before ATT, my Firstnet phone is a iphone 12 at the moment and my T Mobile phone is another iPhone. I know Liberty phones can work sometimes with ATT but I am one of those that unfortunately the phone just don't work but only with Liberty. I've tried the Device Network Unlock app from AT&T but it doesn't read the IMEI for some reason, but I talked with AT&T and they told me the phone is supposed to be capable because the IMEI is registered to them. They can't give me the code, because it was Liberty the seller. It's just a pain in the.... And money that goes into the trash if I can't get this baby unlocked. I want to move from iphone too so I can can use the S Pen features but.... The situation is just overwhelming without any support.
0 Likes
channibg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I activated the p UK lock on my S23 Ultra that I've had for a year at AT&T during that year.My father passed.Away with the password to the account and I cannot get AT&T to aswith the p.U.K, you can't lock if anyone knows how to save this por device not only because it's an iPhone.It was the last thing my father gave me before he passed away
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

@channibg   Sadly iPhones are a different story entirely.  These get locked to the iTunes or Apple ID that they are first associated with.  You may have to reach out to Apple themselves if your issue is that you cannot get into the device at all.  You would likely need to prove to them that your father passed with a death certificate, and proof of relationship or transfer of ownership (i.e. a will)

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

There are two different unlocks that even the carriers sometime misconstrue as to what you are requesting.  The first and most commonly requested one is to unlock the SIM card.  I personally don't even know what this is for, as I have never had a problem moving a sim to another unlocked device, or carrier locked device on the same network.  Carriers love to dish this out, and pretend to not know what the other option is.  This usually comes over as a code.

The other option is to unlock the DEVICE so that any carrier's sim will work on it.  Again carriers seem to not know what this is, even when explaining it with crayons.  This does not require a code, and is done digitally on the back end from their network.  When they are finally on the same page as you, they need to verify that your device is 100% yours, I.E. no outstanding balance for the device itself.

Where did you enter the code you were given to test to see if it worked?

0 Likes
erosado-pr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
The SIM unlock requieres the code, in order for this to work you'll need the different carrier sim card for example: my phone is from att but I need to have it to work with t mobile sim card. So when you install the T Mobile sim card the phone automatically will ask for the unlocking code which is extracted from the carrier system.
0 Likes