Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra can't connect to 6Ghz Band for Wifi

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:28 AM)
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi all,

I picked up my S24 Ultra today and realised that it could not detect nor connect to my Wifi 7 Asus RT-BE96U's 6Ghz band. The Wifi 7 tab on the phone is enabled and I tried solutions which worked on the S21-23 Ultras such as disabling Switch to better Wi-Fi networks in Intelligent Wi-Fi as well as enabling Wi-Fi Safe Mode in Developer mode but still no dice.

I've sent feedback to Samsung tech support via Members but was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem with the S24 Ultra not detecting their Wifi 6e/7 routers' 6Ghz bands and if they've found some way to resolve the issue?

36 Replies
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Just adding that the S24 Ultra can detect my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands as Wifi 7-capable (They've both got the little Wifi 7 icon showing in Available Networks) but once I connect to either band, the little Wifi 7 icon switches to Wifi 6.

0 Likes
AliMoukdad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same problem, but after mines connects , its get really slow, and stops working, any solution.?
Options
Galaxy S24
If you don't have an wifi 7 router, You are not going to be connected to wifi 7. I have wifi 6E on my s24 ultra because that's the best speed my router can provide me
0 Likes
tc8510
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S24
In the same boat, but mine recognizes 6E. I'm sure it will be updated in future OTA rollouts.
AliMoukdad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine detects the wifi 7, but when it connects, it shows wifi6 on the icon, and then after couple min stops working , am using a asus rog BE98 pro router , this is the only device with this problem
0 Likes
userMRn3pm5Bn5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm not even connecting to WiFi6 much less 6e or 7.

Pixel 6 pro that I replaced gets 1200 down and this is seeing 150!

0 Likes
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. My laptop and previous S21 Ultra detect and connect to the 6Ghz band without any problems.

PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It on my wifi 6 on ax3200 tplink router
0 Likes
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Would be great if everyone here also sent their feedback to Tech Support so they'll roll out an OTA software fix soon.