Original topic:

PWM is a big problem!

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 02:37 PM)
IMONOI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I can consider myself as a PWM sensitive, because my eyes start to feel pain after few minutes looking in my S24U. How many years it has been since Samsung knows the problem exists. I mean one of the most expensive phones in the world and no DC dimming or similar as an option. Why? OK, the color might be not that good with that option enabled, but how would I care if I can't look at this standart color screen without it causing eyes pain. People who are not sensitive won't use this feature anyway. And now I have to return this beautiful 512gb phone back because Samsung can't add same technologies as some cheaper phones use for many years already.
If you plan to add this DC dimming or similar please let me know ASAP. Or if there's a some kind of solution to it or maybe a fix to make it more than 480 Hz PWM. Thank you. 
2 Replies
userBwl1a9WGum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The S24 series reportedly has a PWM of 492. My wife says she definitely noticed an improvement in eye strain compared to earlier models.
Could something else be bothering you?
https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-s24-pwm-refresh-rate
0 Likes
IMONOI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes indeed they improved the screen. But take a look at what frequency other cheaper phones with oled screens work. They go over a 1000 Hz, some even 2000 Hz. I have my old phone with an ips, I never feel the same like with the oled screen.
0 Likes