Original topic:

S24 Ultra water damage and stopped working

(Topic created: a month ago)
Members_VhTiJv1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi All,

i have an S24 ultra and while taking pics from the poolside not in the pool yesterday morning, water got splashed all over me and the phone and it stopped working. the device did not turn on at all i spoke to Samsung they informed me to take it to ubreakifix the authorized service center and they said it will cost 570 to fix the phone i bought for 750 dollars which is absurd. i have been using Samsung phones for the last 15 years this cannot be happening.

5 Replies
Axelrod
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Put the phone in a bowl of rice. The rice would absorb the water. It may take about a day to drain. If it doesn't work out after that, I don't really know what else you can do.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Anytime your phone gets wet, do not turn it on while it's still wet. Let it dry for a day or two. These phones are supposed to be water resistant for accidents like that, but if water gets into the charging port it can damage the electronics. You should pick up some silicone USB port dust plugs (Amazon or Temu) and keep it inserted when you are not actually charging.

And Samsung touts the ipx rating on the phones, so, if you ask me, the water damage should be a warranty fix, since the water resistance actually failed. If it's what you say, and didn't actually fall into the deep end of the pool, and it was just a splash, the water resistance should have held up

lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Why don't you add samsung care+ for $15/month? Wait for a month, and then file your claim.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

There was likely a compromise in the frame before the splash happened.  A splash that went directly into the charging port would not have caused the phone to stop working.  It may have been a day or two before it accepted a charger, but would have remained working.  Key details are missing from this scenario, likely to curry favor for the OP.

0 Likes
Sheenanand
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had same issue....the phone was in my pocket when i was riding on my bike in rain... 

Thinking it to be water resistant i didn't even bother to be worried about it. 

When i reached my home and i powered on my phone the screen showed some kind of a red screen and blacked out... 

Even my phone is not working now... After showing it to technicians at samsung care they fixed my phone just to take out all my data.... The phone worked but only with s pen the touch doesn't work at all....

I was about to book fold 6 but i dont think i would be going for Samsung phones anymore.... 

I have been using samsung since galaxy ace 2011....it will be end of an era for me.... I have used s21 ultra, 22 ultra, 23 ultra and 24 ultra.... I guess it's a bye bye to samsung now.... 

0 Likes