JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s24 ultra voice to text missing.

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 02:38 PM)
Ddavis1982
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I know people think this is solved, sadly it is not. After the most recent update (within the last month) voice to text is gone. The option to add it to the keyboard that is supposed to be the fix is gone. See lower pics. Help! This really sucks not having it.

1000006106.jpg

ā€ƒ

1000006105.jpg

ā€ƒ

1000006104.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ddavis1982
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

OMG I fixed it!! Had to update apps, none of which were a Google update... odd. Might have been my Microsoft office update? That's all I can think of. But do both your Google play store updates AND Samsung app updates. One of the associated apps triggered the mic on the bottom left of the keyboard again!

View solution in context

9 Replies
DomTheFarmer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Agreed: this SUCKS that suddenly there's no voice-to-text
Gabriel22gz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know if it's me I don't like this update so far they took some away some good features
0 Likes
Blessed62
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
What's going on
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm confused. Keyboard button on Navigation bar should put the microphone on the bottom left of your screen (is on mine, anyway). If I'm writing a text and click on the microphone button, I can speak my text and it'll be converted to words on the phone. Is this not working for you? May have to switch from keyboard to microphone.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Ddavis1982
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yea there is no option to add it to the function bar and it is missing on the keyboard. Maybe the new patch hasnt pushed to you yet. This was a recent patch install for my phone, youll know you have it if your lock screen wallpaper has videos and you have new AI features. The AI features replaced the microphone button and theres no option to add it back :(.

0 Likes
Ddavis1982
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

And no the keyboard button isnt the issue, this patch its missing the option to add mic to the keyboard.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Hmmm. Guess I'll just have to stay tuned and see what happens with mine. 

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Solution
Ddavis1982
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

OMG I fixed it!! Had to update apps, none of which were a Google update... odd. Might have been my Microsoft office update? That's all I can think of. But do both your Google play store updates AND Samsung app updates. One of the associated apps triggered the mic on the bottom left of the keyboard again!

userrOwhniANih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did this. I even switched to Google voice input and it still doesn't show up.
0 Likes